New is scary (Dad's pt 4)

Guinevere is growing up, how do Sam and Bucky handle it?

Guinevere was starting kindergarten today, Sam had packed her bag, Bucky made her lunch, a few of her favorite snacks, some baby carrots and a peanut butter sandwich.

Guinevere was in her favorite purple shirt and red pants, she fiddled with her hands in her booster seat on the way to the kindergarten, when the family arrived at the place, Sam got Guinevere out of the car and helped her put her bag on.

The family walked towards the bright colored building, Guinevere holding her Daddy's hand with her right, and her Papa's hand with her left. The couple exchanged looks, both understanding she was not happy about this new thing.

They made into the building and found the correct classroom, it was filled with parents and their children mingling about and talking, some kids were already playing.

Guinevere leaned into Bucky's thigh nervously, "I'm scared" she sniffled, clearly about to start crying. Sam and Bucky knelt down to their daughters eye level to console her, "hey, hey, angel awww that's okay, it's okay to be scared" Bucky held her hand in his, rubbing his thumb over her knuckles.

"You're fathers right, bubba. New things are scary but they are also good, you're gonna have so much fun, you're gonna make friends and learn so many cool things, so can you be brave for us?" Sam asked wiping the tears from her face, she nodded with a small smile, "that's our big girl, now let's go meet the teachers."

The teachere were a petite redhead woman with pale skin, green eyes and freckles in a flowery dress with a thin caramel cardigan and a stout woman with mahogany skin, twinkling brown eyes and bleach blonde buzz cut, she had a blue shirt with black jeans on, they both had such kind faces and sweet smiles.

They flashed said smiles while greeting Sam and Bucky "hello, I'm Miss Flora Banks, but the kids refer to me as Miss Flo" the red head introduced herself with her positive toned, shaking hands with the men before her, "I'm Miss Bonnie Jenkins, but the kids refer to me as Miss Bonnie" the bleach blonde introduced herself in the same way to Miss Flo, her too shaking the hands of the pair of men with her more comforting and gentle toned voice, they clearly do this with every parent they meet, the pair look like quite the team.

"Speaking of kids" Miss Bonnie looked down with a smile, "hi there, sugar. I'm Miss Bonnie and this is Miss Flo, what's your name?" She asked the little girl hiding behind her Papa, she watched as the two ladies knelt down so they could be on her level, as to not intimidate her or make her feel small.

"I'm... Guinevere" she told them, hugging Sam's leg, nervousness still present in her behavior. "Hi there, Guinevere. That's such a pretty name"  Miss Flo complimented, trying to get the child out of hiding. Sam and Bucky observed both the teachers actions, recognizing that they were trying to get Guiny to trust them through actions.

"Th-thank you" Guiny said politely back, Miss Flo pointed to the cubby shelves at the back of the room "you wanna go pick a cubby for your bag? I'll help you" The lady asked and the little girl nodded with a smile, the couple watched as their daughter skipped off the the cubbies with Miss Flo following behind her.

"You two are really good with kids" Bucky complimented, amazed by how they operated. "Yeah, we try to talk to the kids as if we're their friends, not their teachers" Miss Bonnie explained, gesturing with her hands showing that she's passionate, the two men nodded "that's really nice, it's assuring for us certainly, since it's the first time we're leaving her with someone who isn't a family member" Sam replied getting a light chuckle from the teacher.

"Yeah, most parents are like that, but I promise you Miss Flo and I will do our best to make sure her and all the other kids start out smoothly."

"Well, thank you very much" Bucky said grabbing his husband's hand because he was getting emotional. Sam politely smiled, ending the interaction and turning to say goodbye to Guinevere.

She was still talking with Miss Flo about random stuff while the redhead listened along, seeming genuinely interested in what the girl was saying. "Hey, Guiny. We have to go now, you feeling okay about all this?" Bucky asked, almost hoping she'd say no so he could stay with her for a little longer.

"Yeah, I'm okay, Daddy. Can I have a kiss before you go?" She asked, even though she knew the answer, her dads leaned down and kissed her cheeks, "have a good day, bubba! We'll be back to pick you up when it's over, love you" Sam waved goodbye, Guiny doing the same.

They knew she'd be fine, but god they were going to miss her.

They got home, Sam placed the cars keys by the fruit bowl, the couple sat on the couch, thighs touching. The just sat their, doing nothing, saying nothing. "It's quiet" Bucky pointed out, clearly talking about the absence of their child, "yeah, very" Sam agreed, Bucky leaned into his husband, resting his head on his shoulder.

"I hate it" the brunette complained, Sam rests his head against his husband's, "me too" he assured him, grasping his hands in his own.

They both agreed that it sucked knowing their baby girl will not rely on them for everything one day. But as Sam said, new is scary, but they'll push through it.

I enjoyed writing this one, quick story about my first day at kindergarten, my mum watched me while I was playing on the playground and one of the teachers told her to leave saying "she'll be alright" well, news flash! When I realized my mother was gone I started crying my eyes out, so no, I wasn't fine!