Vegas

Note: Civilian AU, Bucky and Sam are both 24 years old and have been together for four years.

Sam picked up the phone, it was Natasha. It was also 10:37pm which means something bad and/or stupid is about to happen, cause why else would she call this late?

"Hey, Nattie. What's up?" Sam greeted, his boyfriend Jamie looking over in curiosity from the couch across the New York apartment, pausing Our Flag Means Death for a moment to listen in. Sam noticed and put Nat on speaker "Hey, sweetness. You wanna go to Vegas this weekend?" Sam furrowed his eyebrows, "why are you going to Vegas?" He asks and Natasha scoffs.

"Because it's summer, we just graduated college, and I wanna do something stupid with my friends before life gets repetitive and boring" Bucky chuckled and Sam smiled.

They agreed, bought their tickets, booked a hotel for two nights, packed their bags and met their friends Nat, her girlfriend Maria, Carol, her Girlfriend Valerie, Steve, Tony and Rhodey at the JFK airport.

They almost missed their flight, having made a wrong turn and sat in international landings for an hour waiting, their names were called over the loud speakers and they ran for their LIVES. Just making it before take off.

Five hours and forty minutes later, they landed, got taxis to their hotel and checked into their rooms before hitting the casinos, Tony being the rich friend gave each person five thousand dollars each to gamble, which they all thanked him profoundly for.

Nat got and extra four thousand dollars after playing roulette, then her and Maria made out in celebration, Rhodes won 2 games of Blackjack, Steve played the poker machines and Tony was in the thick of a game of Craps. He surprisingly lost.

Sam and Bucky mainly played poker, Bucky put a small amount on roulette after seeing Natasha's luck, and lost. Sam comforted him, "it's- it's not that bad, baby. You didn't lose all of it" though he was trying so hard not to laugh.

When the gambling ended at 10pm, the drinking began. They got a private booth which Tony got and he also ordered everything which they all again thanked him. Steve and Tony went to the bathroom and didn't come back for a few minutes... um- Everyone else stayed and talked, for hours they went on about life and purpose, for they were all young and had yet to find theirs.

Steve and Tony came back and no one dared to say a thing, they got food to keep up with the alcohol before leaving to go back to their hotel at 10:30pm, Sam and Bucky decided to go for a walk instead, not ready to sleep just yet.

They found themselves in a park, stumbling into eachother. Chuckling like idiots and kissing like teenagers, they stopped at a late night Coffee shop and ordered a slice of chocolate cake to share.

"God I'm so glad we took this trip" Jamie exclaimed, leaning back against the booth in the far corner of the shop, Sam hummed in agreement and swallowed his last mouthful of cake. "Me too, baby. It's nice to be able to hang out with everyone before full time jobs get in the way."

Sam looked out the window, staring at the cars driving by, then the condensation on the glass, a plane flying, the cars again. Jamie was just looking at him, they've come a long way from those awkward freshmens who met in an art museum, found out they were going to the same College and somehow magically ended up sharing a dorm room. They would joke about how that should have been the clue that something was bound to happen between them.

Jamie began to reminisce, he remembered the yearning when he realized he had a crush on Sam, how dumbfounded he felt when Sam kissed him for the first time because he thought he was straight. How nervouse he was on their first date, when they had their first time together, the relief he felt when Sam's parents liked him, the hug he received when he told his boyfriend about his unsupportive parents, the hug he gave him when he opened up about his ex Riley dying in an accident, Sam's happiness when he told him he loved him for the first time. All of it.