Chapter 4

Percy had a mouthful of blue milkshake when Olivia blurted out, "Hey, I like your shirt."

He glanced down at the pun - Sea you later! was written in loopy script over the front of it - and then back up, smiling lazily. "Thanks. It was a gift from a friend."

Annabeth smiled fondly. "She was so proud of herself when she found it."

"Well, she was, until I started saying she had such good fashion sense she must take after her mom," Percy said, grinning and plucking a fry from Annabeth's plate.

She went to snatch it back but he ate it before she had a chance. She rolled her eyes as he smirked and reached for another fry.

Olivia and Kelly shared a glance, slightly intimidated by how comfortable these two were around each other. They weren't rude to everyone else, or anything, but there was always this subtle shift in their body language when they were talking to each other compared to when they were talking to the rest of the group.

"Is she from your old school?" Kelly asked, turning her plate around so Mark could grab some of her fries without reaching over the top of her.

"Uh, Piper's from our summer camp," Annabeth said, glancing sideways at Percy. He stopped trying to steal another one of her fries and let his hands fall to his lap.

"You went to summer camp together? That's cute," Olivia said brightly.

Mark laughed. "Cute? Really, Liv?"

Both Annabeth and Percy were blushing slightly now. "Yeah," Percy said. "That's how we met, actually."

"Oh my god! See, that is cute!" Olivia exclaimed. "Even you have to admit that's cute, Mark."

Mark shrugged and continued eating his giant burger.

"So," Percy said, a bit louder than before. "What'd you guys think of the meet today?"

Olivia immediately began talking about how amazing the AHS team was, and Mark and Annabeth enthusiastically agreed with her. Kelly just listened in, trying to figure out why the question felt like a deliberate attempt to change the topic.

///////
Sorry for the short chapter everyone but to say I am sorry I will post the next one quicker