Chapter 9

George blinked as his body brought him out of the darkness. The sunlight lighting up Dream's room, welcoming the early morning. He sat up and looked around, immediately noticing how the blonde was gone. The bathroom door was slightly open and George could hear the shower running so, naturally, George assumed Dream was in the shower.

He slid off the forest green blankets and went out of Dream's room, grabbing his phone off the bedside table as he left. His bare feet felt cold on the marble floor as he walked down the empty hallway and entered his room. George made his way to his bathroom but before he did anything he felt a buzz in his pocket. He slipped it out to see multiple messages from Darryl.

He is still extremely worried about George and was questioning where he went. George's eyes widened slightly as he read that Darryl had gone to his house and couldn't find him. He sighs as he texts a quick message to Darryl, telling him that he'll explain things soon. He sets his phone down but quickly picks it up again as he hears another buzz.

Jeez, that was quick, George thought, he must be really worried.

He read the text, seeing that Darryl wanted to meet up. How's he supposed to do that? He can't even go down the street, let alone into town! George made a mental note to ask Dream about going to see Darryl, he'd just have to persuade him.

After a quick shower and picking out a simple outfit, George heads down to the kitchen only to see Dream sitting in the dining area with food on the table. He must've heard George come in because he looks up and gazes at George.

He was wearing a tight black v-neck and plain blue jeans, his emerald eyes shining brightly. He smiled slightly as he motions to a seat, silently telling George to sit. The brunette listens and sits across from the blonde, an awkward silence settling between them.

George wanted to ask him about going to see Darryl, however he was quite worried about how the blonde would react. George sat there at the table pushing the pancakes on his plate around while contemplating how to ask Dream.

"What?" Dream spoke quite roughly, startling George from his thoughts.

George only looked at Dream confused at his question. The blonde rolled his eyes and set his silverware down, leaning back in his chair. He kept his eyes on the brunette as he spoke once again. "You obviously have something on your mind, so what? What is it?"

"Oh, I-" George took a moment to prepare himself for the probable argument that was about to happen. "I just had a question." Dream raised an eyebrow, waiting for George to continue. "I wanted to go into town to see my friend."

"No."

"What? You can't just say no to me!" George quickly rambled out, expecting more than a simple 'no.'

"Just did." Dream said casually as he stood up and went to leave the room.

"Hey, I'm not done talking." George quickly followed Dream's movements and stepped in front of the doorway blocking the blonde's path. They were both surprised at George's boldness, making the brunette suddenly get shy.

"Listen my friend, Darryl, is really worried about me and- and you can't just kidnap me and completely take away my social life. I just want to meet up with him, I promise I won't run away or do anything wrong. Please?" George's voice had gotten quieter the longer he spoke, looking at the blonde as he waited for an answer.

Without saying a word, Dream stepped close to George, putting a hand on the brunette's hip. George put his hands on Dream's chest as they're bodies pushed together. The blonde leaned his head down and George could feel his breath, seeing as their noses were only a few inches apart.