Chapter 14

Tw- Trauma, abusive household :(

Dreams' head grew hot with fear as he dashed through the house. He checked every room, even the pool. He yelled at various people to get in a car and go search for George down the dust road that leads to town. He continued shouting various swears as he kicked a chair over in anger.

Well, he was angry, and that's all anyone would assume, but just like before, he was hiding behind a wall. In reality, he was full of regret. He was so close to coming clean. He was scared to even think if he would get the chance to tell George.

What if they couldn't find him? What if someone got to him first? What if he was hurt?

"No..." his voice trembled as he desperately tried to choke down a sob. His body began to shake vigorously as he tried to control the salty tears that seemed so determined to come out. He slumped down onto the small couch that was in his office. No one really came into his office, except Sapnap, and that was a rare occasion.

Dream startled as a hand was placed on his back, his eyes shot up to see the scruffy male; his best friend.

"Hey." Sapnap softly smiled, his voice was awkward but at least he was trying to help.

Dream scoffed half heartedly, barely keeping his sorrow in as Sapnap began to speak again.

"We'll find him, I promise."

That was it. The straw that broke the camel's back.

Rivers of tears flowed across the freckled skin.

"You," Dream's voice cracked as he lost control. "You don't know that." His gaze slowly raised from the smooth floors to the worried eyes of his friend.

Sapnap just looked at Dream, a look that Dream despised. Pity. The blonde shook his head at the man next to him. A disbelieving smile barely ghosted his lips, before completely hardening into a deep scowl.

"Stop. Stop looking at me like that."

Sapnap's brows furrowed in confusion, still staring at Dream. "Like what?"

Dream lost control once again, gripping the collar of Sapnap's shirt harshly, dragging him into a standing position.

"Like I'm fucking weak!" Tears continued to flow as he screamed at his friend. "You know how much damage I can do." His voice lowered to a threatening murmur. He glared daggers at the man in his grasp.

Immediately, Sapnap tried to calm him down, cowering back slightly. Dream was right; he knew exactly how treacherous the blonde could be.

"I— I'm sorry, it's going to be okay. I swear."

"You don't know that!" Dream spat, releasing the quivering man. "I need a breather." He murmured.

Dream stormed out of the house, his vision blinded by rage. His body went on auto-pilot, leading him behind his house and down the twisting path that led towards the pond.

The sound of the wind blowing through the trees grounded the blonde. He calmed slightly, breathing in the fresh oxygen as he stepped over a small tree root that obscured his path. He finally lifted his eyes, gazing at the shimmering pond.

A soft smile quickly grew on his face, however it disappeared even quicker. His eyes were met with a terrified gaze from a small boy that was hugging his knees. George stood up quickly from the fallen tree that Dream had sat on so often. The blonde began to quickly make his way towards the small brunette, making him step away in panic.

"I'm sorry for leaving. Please don't hurt me." George rambled. "I'll do anything you want, I just needed a break—"

George yelped as he was cut off, while Dream pulled him into a suffocating hug. The brunette felt soft hair tickle his neck when Dream buried his face in the crook of George's neck. His arms hesitantly wrapped around the broad shoulders of the blonde. He seemed distressed, although George did not know the reason as to why.