Chapter 11

The two brunettes shared a worried glance before they slowly approached the damaged door. To say George was freaking out, would be an understatement. While his confidence had improved massively, there would always be a part of him that would be the same paranoid and terrified George. Even so, George lead the way, slightly ahead of Darryl as they stepped into his house. A chair had been pushed to the ground, a shattered lamp lying next to it, leaving the room dark and motionless.

They stepped cautiously into the middle of the room, glancing side to side. They each jumped when a ruff voice spoke from behind them. George turned around first, seeing an enraged blonde standing as still a statue, a knife tightly gripped in his hand.

"Where did you go?" His tone was low and laced with rage, the blonde's glare was blood boiling. However George wasn't scared, he knew the blonde wouldn't hurt him. He hoped. He was mainly scared for Darryl's safety, so he moved himself in front of his friend, distancing him from Dream.

"I said.. Where did you go?!" Dream yelled, his grip getting impossibly tight on his dagger, his knuckles turning pure white.

Darryl slipped his hand around George's wrist, pulling him back away from the blonde. Of course Dream saw Darryl touching George and turned his gaze at Darryl who cowered away from George, releasing him from his gentle grasp.

Dream redirected his attention back to George when the brunette finally replied. "We just went to get some coffee." His tone was soft, he definitely didn't want to upset the blonde anymore.

Dream slowly approached George, the small brunette put his hands out as an attempt to keep a comfortable amount of space between them, nevertheless, Dream only got closer. George's hands softly pushed against Dream's chest, feeling the steady rise and fall of his breath. George dared to look straight into the blonde's emerald rage filled eyes. He strained his neck as he looked up, the height difference being painfully obvious.

"Did you ever think about what could happen?" Dream whispers, his voice only gaining volume as he continues. "You do realize that this town is filled with dangerous people, right? You could've died!"

Dreams words were the harsh truth, but George had survived this long, he figured he could go a little longer. In any other setting George would have responded, but the current position of the blonde was far too intimidating.

George brought their eye contact to an end as he averted his gaze to the floor, mumbling a few words as he did. "Dream, you're scaring me."

A moment of silence passed, before Dream's angered demeanor lessened as he backed away, George's hands falling from his chest. Dream loosened his grip on the knife and George felt safe enough to go check up on Darryl. George quickly glanced back at his friend to make sure he was okay. He sent a reassuring smile to a slightly trembling Darryl.

The brunette went over and pulled his friend into a tight embrace, not knowing when or if he would be able to see him again. As he pulled away, George spoke to Darryl softly, so only the two of them could hear.

"I'm going to get him to leave, okay? Don't worry about me though, I should be okay."

Darryl hesitantly nodded, hoping George was right. With that, George turned around and walked close to Dream. The emerald eyes observing the floor, a look of guilt almost making its way onto the blonde's face however it was blocked by a wall of anger.

"Let's just go back, please. You can yell at me there, just leave Darryl alone." George spoke softly. His soft hand reached out to put a calming hand on Dream's tense forearm.

The blonde instantly relaxed at his touch and quickly put his knife away, fastening it to his belt.

"Fine."