Chapter 10

George awoke in his blue tinted bed the next morning, feeling unusually lonely without the blonde next to him. Although he felt a kick of serotonin when he remembered he was going to meet up with Darryl today. Of course he would have to make sure he listened to Dream and such, but he was sure today would be enjoyable.

George slipped on a black jacket over a white v-neck, he also put on a pair of black jeans to match, feeling the need to look nice today. After brushing his teeth and putting a little gel in his hair, he made his way downstairs to the dining area where he saw Dream.

Dream looked at George, somehow managing not to meet the brunette gaze as he spoke. "Eat something or not, I don't care. We'll be leaving in twenty minutes, so be ready by then and I'll take you."

When he finished speaking, Dream walked out of the room. George sighed, realizing that Dream was still bothered by the events of yesterday. George still was quite sure what had happened either.

Did Dream have feelings for him? And... Did he have feelings for Dream?

There was no way in hell George ever imagined he would be with a murderer, but there was something about Dream that reeled him in. Obviously Dream was hot but George's hesitancy wasn't about looks. Dream was just completely closed off and that worried George. What if Dream can't communicate properly and George is left in the dark?

George decided not to worry anymore than he had too, so he finished breakfast alone and made his way towards the front of the house to find Dream. The brunette went out of the house to the large driveway in the front. He smiled as he saw Dream leaning against a black car.

He had dark green pants on and black button up shirt with only one side tucked in. He looked up and as soon as he noticed George, he walked around to the drivers side and got in. George's smile faded as he reluctantly joined the irritated blonde in the car.

Dream pulled out and started driving towards SouthBay. George felt bad about yesterday and decided it would be best to apologize now.

"I'm sorry." George's voice was quiet as the guilt began to flood his brain again.

"For what?" Dream's voice was dry, he didn't move at all and kept his eyes straight ahead.

"For what happened yesterday. Y'know, at the pond?" George admits slowly, not wanting to bother the blonde anymore.

"Just drop it, George. It doesn't matter." Dream snarled, clearly done with the conversation already.

The brunette turned his head to get a better look at the blonde. One again, he traced over the details on his face. Seeing as he trusted the blonde more than when they first met, he couldn't help it when he suddenly blurted out a question.

"Where did you get your scars?" George gasped slightly and put a hand over his mouth as he apologized. "I'm so sorry, I shouldn't just ask you a question like that. I mean obviously I don't know your history and—"

"George," Dream spoke softer than before, "it's okay."

George smiled shyly, ashamed of his poor self control.

"I guess I just got most of them from going out at night, getting in fights, victims fighting back. Nothing too specific."

George nodded and kept his eyes on the road as he hesitantly asked another question, not sure if he was pushing boundaries. "What about the one that goes through your eyebrow and across your eyelid?"

This time Dream paused, unsure of how to respond. "That one..." Dream trailed off and clenched his jaw before exhaling quickly. "That one is not important."