chapter 13

"You better keep me posted this weekend while you're gone," Esmé said as she tossed you some more of your clothes out of your dresser for your suitcase.

You laughed, rolling your eyes jokingly at her. "Yes, Esmé. Because me going away with Aaron absolutely warrants me updating you about our little weekend rendezvous." You folded the clothes neatly before stacking them in a few different piles in your suitcase.

"Of course it does. What kind of friend would I be if I wasn't nosy as all hell and wanted to know how things are going between you and Mr. Tall, Dark, and Handsome?"

"One that isn't nosy as hell?"

"You should just tell him you're sick and spend the entire weekend with me," she teased. "No but in all seriousness, this is good for you guys. I'm excited for you."

You nodded your head, packing some of the toiletries into your bag. "It'll be nice to get away from everything for a bit, you know? Just me and him. Have some more time to get to know one another better."

Esmé hummed in agreement before a small smirk was plastered across her face. "Maybe it's time."

"Time for what?"

"For you and Aaron to...you know," Esmé laughed. "Come on. How much longer are you going to wait?"

The truth was you wanted Aaron badly. It had gotten to the point where you would find yourself moaning his name as you found your pleasure yourself. You just didn't want to rush things. You wanted to make sure that when it did happen that you weren't forcing it to happen. If all went well, when you guys finally did have sex, you wanted it to be something natural, the feeling of primal desire taking over the two of you in a mutual I need you to fuck me right now otherwise I might die on the spot manner.

"I don't know, E," you said sheepishly. "I'm not rushing things."

"Well here," Esmé said as she tossed you some more clothes from your dresser drawer. You scoffed playfully, rolling your eyes at the effort of your friend. She had tossed you your black lace lingerie set, the one that you weren't even sure if you could consider clothes because it barely covered any part of your body. "Take this up to the lake house with Aaron and maybe you'll get to take it for a spin," she teased.

You clutched the lingerie in your hands and your eyes darted back and forth between the suitcase and your friend. With a sigh of defeat, although there was hope behind it, you packed the lingerie into your bag.

"He'll have no choice but to fuck you silly if you wear that," Esmé concluded, shrugging her shoulders as if talking about your sex life and encouraging you to get it on was a normal occurrence between friends.

"You're too much sometimes, you know that?"

"Yeah, but I mean, hey. If you finally get to have your way with him, no harm no foul, right?"

The two of you burst into hysterical laughter as you finished packing your bags for the weekend away with Aaron.

------

Aaron had picked you up later that afternoon and drove you up to the lake house that he rented, which of course, he refused to take any money from you for it. The drive was nice and easy, the two of you singing along to songs on the radio and calling Jessica to check in on how Jack was doing.

You stayed quiet when Aaron was talking to Jack, just in case. The two of you hadn't discussed yet whether or not you were going to tell Jack that there was something going on between the two of you.

And on top of that, the two of you had to have a conversation as to what exactly the two of you were doing. Besides making eachother happy and kissing any damn second you had.