chapter 14

Needless to say, you spent the majority of the weekend tangled up in the sheets with Aaron. Not that either of you were complaining. It was a weekend well spent and you couldn't even remember the last time you had experienced so much pleasure and euphoria in such a short period of time that you were almost in a constant catatonic state for the entire trip.

You wished that you could have stayed in that little paradise with the two of you forever, wrapped up in each other, never getting enough of touching one another and just being close to Aaron in general. You couldn't help but blush each time Aaron would whisper sweet nothings in your ear as you cuddled on the couch or how the man was such a goof when he would nuzzle his face into your neck, placing kisses anywhere he could reach.

You'd never felt happier with someone before.

And the fact that it was with Aaron? After the way you had started at the very beginning of your relationship, it still shocked you at the turn of the events. So much so, that you felt as though you had to pinch yourself to see if this was all happening, that you were truly and utterly falling for the man that you came to adore so quickly.

But nevertheless, Aaron had to get back to work sooner or later, much to your disliking. Reality had its grasp on you yet again, ripping you out of your little cozy weekend. You moaned and groaned as you packed your bags, eliciting light chuckles from Aaron as he double checked that he had all of his belongings.

"Ready to go?" he asked, slinging his bag over his shoulder.

You scoffed playfully and stuck out your bottom lip. "Do we have to?" you teased, packing up the rest of your clothing.

"As much as I'd love to stay here and do absolutely nothing but spend time with you, I can't miss any work. I have midterms to grade this week," he explained as he grabbed his car keys off the nightstand. "Besides, I have to pick up Jack from Jessica's later on tonight." Aaron held out his hand for your bag, raising his brows a bit when you didn't hand it to him at first.

"Right," you said softly. "Jack."

Aaron looked at you puzzled as he adjusted the bags on his shoulder. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Oh, nothing," you said quickly. "I just...What are we going to tell him?"

Aaron let out a deep sigh and he shook his head. "It's up to you. I want him to know that we're seeing each other. But if you're not ready for that, it's alright. I don't mind either way."

You wrapped your arms around yourself, squeezing your sides as you nodded in understanding. "Is it okay if we wait?"

Aaron walked over to you, placing his hands softly on your hips. He pressed a lingering kiss to your forehead and nodded. "Whatever you want, sweet girl."

"Thank you," you whispered, pecking his cheek quickly.

Aaron smiled down at you, his warm caramel eyes glimmering with the hope that you came to admire in him. "Mhm. Anything."

The two of you walked hand in hand out of the rental, your arms swinging as you walked. You made small talk as you loaded the car up with your belongings, making it a goal to come back to the lake house as soon as you could. And maybe by then, you could bring Jack along for the vacation.

As you headed around the car to the passenger side, you glanced down and saw a rock that was split in half, the inside lined with a small layer of crystals around the edges. You by no means were a geologist, but you would recognize a geode when you saw one because of the crazy professor that you had for your geology class that you got placed in for a science credit. You picked it up and held it in your hand, examining the way the rock glistened in the sunlight. You smiled softly, thinking of how excited Jack would be when you gave it to him, so you decided to bring it home with you.