Epilogue

Lyanna stared at the papers on her desk. Five, six, seven, she was counting the estates that she would have to visit soon. Too many. She thought and just as she was about to move on to other business the little one inside her decided it was time to arrive.

"Noo." She groaned, not yet, it was too soon, besides mommy needs to finish her work, she spoke mentally to the child inside her but if it heard it didn't respond. Well with the exception of another contraction.

She thumbed back through the paper work on her desk and tried to focus on organizing everything by importance, when her stomach contracted again.
"You're going to be trouble." She said out loud to the baby in her belly.
"And it's all your father's fault." She proclaimed.

Just then Miles walked in.
"And what exactly is my fault?" He asked with a mock astonished expression. She looked up from the papers that had been occupying her eyesight for the last three hours to see her husband sauntering towards her.

Her husband. She still felt giddy just thinking about it. He was hers, all hers, and he made sure she knew it. Almost every single night she knew it. Even in her swollen state he still desired her, and she couldn't help feeling like a newly wed again.

"That this one is trouble."

He smiled at her innocently.
"And that is my fault? I seem to remember you saying something similar about Charles." She wrinkled her face as another contraction came and went.

"Well my father's to blame for Charles. He spoils him rotten." Miles laughed at her and crossed the room to stand behind her chair. He massaged her shoulders for which she was grateful. He always knew how to make her feel at ease. Seven years of marriage had that affect on people.

"Is everything all right?" He asked worry creasing his brow.
"I'm fine, but perhaps call for the doctor and midwife, it seems this little one is ready to greet us."

He smiled down at her and reached down to rub her belly, he put his hand inside her dressing robe, she had taken to wearing it as it was what felt most comfortable during this stage, and he gasped in shock and amusement.

"Why Duchess Sandringham, I do believe you're rather naked under your robe." She smiled at him sheepishly, but was interrupted by another contraction. This one making her wince from the pain.

"Perhaps we should make haste with calling for the doctor." She said through gritted teeth as she tried to breathe the pain away. Miles looked at her again still worried, but went to the bell pull and rang for a servant.

Mable bounced into the study, her blonde hair bouncing behind her.
"Is everything alright your grace?" She asked as she saw Lyanna's pained expression.

"Just fine, call for the doctor Mable, it seems the baby is on its way." Mable wasted no time with ignorant questions and rushed out of the study quickly.

"Come let's get you to bed." Miles said after Mable had left.

"I'll wait for the doctor to arrive before I go to the bed." But he refused to listen and pulled her up from the chair anyway. Well walking isn't so terrible, just as the thought crossed her mind another contraction came making her stop and double over with pain.

Miles wasted no time in lifting her up and into his arms, he carried her to their bedroom and laid her gently on their bed.
"Are you alright darling?" He asked clearly worried now. He had been the same way when she was giving birth to Charles, he was attentive and loving.

And with them being them, he had stayed with her the entire time and yelled at the doctor when he had told Miles to leave. She was sure he'd stay for this one too and she was so very thankful that he was hers.

"You know," she said as she breathed through another contraction,
"my mother told me once that the reason my eyes were differen--" she was cut off by another contraction.

They were getting closer together now, which meant any moment she would feel that instinctual urge to push.
"She had said it was because God couldn't decide whether to make me like my father or my mother, so in his haste he had given me equal parts of both." She laughed a little at how ridiculous it sounded now, but when her mother had told her that as a child. It had meant the world to her.

She had always looked like her father, but when her mother had told her that, she started to look at her green eye and smile, knowing it was a gift from her mother.

"Are you in severe pain?" Miles asked as he hugged her shoulders, she shook her head. She had started crying thinking about her mother. Labor seemed to do that to her, it gave her time to think, more or less. And when she thought it was always sentimental these days.

Another contraction seized her and this one was worse than the last. She had to forego any more conversing as she needed to focus on her breathing. Miles stayed with her the entire time just as she had hoped and expected he would.

And finally after several hours of intense contractions and three good pushes later, she was holding her newborn daughter. She was looking at the sweet little curve of the baby's face, she had Miles' lips, not too thin but not as plump as hers. But she had the dark hair of the Sandringhams, and Lyanna was excited to see if her eyes would change to a deep blue as Charles' had.

Miles was sitting next to them, his arms around her as she cradle their new daughter.
"What should we name her?" He asked not looking away from the little ones face. She took a moment to think about it.

"Hope." She said with a sheepish grin
"That way she can blossom into something magical."

Well this is the end. I hope you enjoyed my story and you read it all I am deeply grateful!! I plan to write more stories in the future so if you enjoyed this one come back for the next too!! Also don't forget to let me know what you think!!