Chapter 4

It's morning, the sun was shining and birds were singing their normal morning song. Your husband still wasn't home... You woke up and sat up. You smelt the smell of breakfast cooking downstairs.
"Where is that man..." You groaned. You shrug it off, getting off your bed and you take your dressing gown. Your maids were already awake, greeting you when you walk into the kitchen.
"Whatever is cooking, it smells divine." You say, sitting on your usual chair.
"Thank you, my lady. It's pancakes."
You gasp and chuckle.
"A treat." The cook smiled.
"You guys are the absolute best!" You smile. They chuckle. You watch them make your breakfast. You see the small basket of strawberries sitting on the counter.
"Are they our berries?" You ask.
"Yes ma'am." The cook replied. "Beautiful, aren't they?"
"Well, I did grow them!" You laugh. The cook laughs. The maid placed a cup of water in front of you and you nod as a thank you. Not too longer later, the pancakes are placed in front of you.
"Enjoy, my lady."
"Thank you."
Your left alone in the kitchen and you begin to eat your pancakes. Your strawberries lay beside the pancakes, standing out from the pale colour of the pancakes. After taking a strawberry, there was a sudden bang of the main doors. You stand up, looking out the kitchen door. It was Alexander. He was heading your way. You groan and sit back down.
"Well, how was your night at Castle Maro?" You ask, not looking at him. He jumped.
"Y/N!"
You hum, finally looking at him. He was covered in... It can't be.
"Alexander, what is going on with you and Mrs. Maro?" You ask, staring right into his eyes.
"Nothing! You're over-reacting." Your husband replied. You drop your fork and knife.
"Don't think I don't notice those hickeys on your neck." You mumble.
"Those are not hickeys, Y/N L/N." Your husband replied, sounding defensive.
"I know what they look like, Alexander. Those aren't bruises."
Your husband let out a groan in annoyance.
"What have you been doing with Mrs. Maro?" You ask. Your husband remains silent.
"I will say it again, what are you doing with Mrs. Maro? Did you sleep with her? Did you-"
"Y/N, HUSH WILL YOU? WHY DO YOU CARE SO MUCH?" Your husband snapped. You pause and clear your throat.
"I let you live in MY family's castle, I help grow what sits on your plate and-"
"And what?! You do nothing for me! You don't even want my children! WE'RE IN OUR FORTIES!"
You groan. He was correct, you refused to have kids. There's good reasons behind it though...
"Have Mrs. Maro's then!" You bark. Your husband looked at you in pure hatred and annoyance.
"Why are you so annoyed, Y/N?!" He asked, throwing his hands in the air.
"Maybe because you're my husband, MY maids feed you, MY family's land grows your food and MY castle provides you with protection!"
"You don't care about me, Y/N! I know why we were forced to married young! My goal was to correct your queerness!"
You go silent. Your hurt could not be put into words. Tears began to form in your eyes as you stood up. Your husband remained silent, not regretting his words.
"Your mother told me everything. Don't think I don't notice the way you look at women over men."
You were speechless. You swallowed back tears.
"Get out of my castle, now." You manage to say. Your husband huffed and walked right out of the kitchen and walked out the main doors. You threw yourself onto your chair and stared at the half eaten pancakes on the table. A few maids came running in.
"My lady, is everything okay?"
"Everything is fine..." You reply, hiding your tears from your maidens.
"We... we heard it all."
You look up at them.
"Please don't share what you heard. I will tell the others whenever suitable."
Your maids nod.
"Now, leave me please."
Your maids leave and close the door behind them. One didn't leave, your youngest maid. She was like a daughter to you.
"Sadie, please leave." You mumble.
"Are you sure you're okay, my lady? Do you need anyone to speak too?"
You sigh.
"Sadie, please leave me. I appreciate your concern but I'm fine."
Sadie looked at you and nodded. She left. You punch the table and put your head on top of your hands. You felt the back of your wedding ring on your chin which made you tense up. You lifted your head off your hands and pulled the ring off. Your hand looked so bare without it and the ring left a dent in it's normal place. You sigh and leave the ring on the table, facing it away from you. You pick up your cutlery and continue to eat your pancakes, which were now cold.