Chapter 9

Just a little thing to say, "N/N" means nickname :) It will be used in this chapter and every chapter after this <3 Please remember to hydrate!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hello?" Sadie exclaimed, her voice echoing through the castle. "Y/N? Alcina?"
In the dining room, you and Alcina paused. You left your fourth glass of wine on the table and looked at Alcina. She put down her glass too.
"Is that..." You mumble.
"Anyone?" Sadie called. Your hands slapped over your mouth and tears began to appear in your eyes.
"Go, tell you're here!" Alcina said, standing up from her chair. You nod and wipe your eyes. Sadie walked up the steps into the main hall.
"Wow..."
Her jaw dropped and studied the whole room with a look of adoration in her eyes.
"Sadie?" You ask quietly, standing outside the dining room door. Sadie instantly looked at you.
"Y/N?!"
"Hi Sadie."
You smile. Sadie ran up to you. You knelt down and she ran into your arms. You hold her close and kiss the crown of her head.
"I'm so happy I finally found you!" Sadie exclaimed, holding you tightly.
"How did you get here?" You ask.
"Finn took me here."
You lean back from the embrace and look at Sadie in the eyes.
"You shouldn't have... You could have injured yourself."
"I wanted to find you."
You tried to cup Sadie's face but your hands was too large. You put them on her shoulder instead. Sadie looked at you, up and down.
"What happened to you? And where's Alcina?"
"Ehm, it's a long story but Alcina, she's here. Look behind me."
Sadie looked up and noticed Alcina standing behind you. Alcina smiled.
"Hi, my lady." Sadie smiled.
"Hello, Sadie. Please, call me Alcina."
Sadie nodded and turned back to face you.
"You both changed in similar ways."
You sigh.
"Yes, Sadie. It's a long story... We were infected with some parasite, which changed us to this and gave us immortal life."
Sadie's eyebrows met in confusion. You shrug.
"I tried to shorten it."
Sadie nodded and looked up at Alcina.
"So, what will you two do, now that you've escaped those husbands?"
Alcina raised her eyebrows at Sadie's question and chuckled.
"Sadie, you did not just say that..." You say with a giggle. Sadie smirked.
"I did."
You look up at Alcina.
"What is the answer to that question though..."
"Well, we don't have to worry about husbands..."
"I know what we can do." You mumble. "We could become a family. You, me and Sadie."
Alcina looked at you with wide eyes. Sadie gasped.
"Yes!" She cheered. You smile and meet Alcina's eyes.
"What do you say, Alci?"
Sadie put a arm over your shoulder and looked at Alcina. Alcina smiled and nodded.
"Fine."
You opened out your free arm, indicating you want a hug. Sadie did too. Alcina shook her head with a smile and went down on her knees. You three wrap your hands around each other.
"I love you both, so much." Sadie exclaims, looking at you both.
"We love you too, our daughter." You reply, kissing her forehead. Sadie's jaw dropped.
"Daughter?"
Alcina nods before you could. She put a hand behind Sadie's head and kissed her forehead. Sadie smiled wider than you've seen before. That feeling you felt when you first accepted your crush on Alcina came back again but it was the strongest it's ever been. This is now your family...

"I see a horse on the other side, sir." A guard said, standing at the fence. "And the hoof prints continue from the other side of the fence."
"Alright, we must jump then." Darius spoke. "Get out of our way."
"One by one!" Alexander exclaimed. Finn on the other side began to get a bit worried. He neighed, trying to be heard by Sadie inside.
"Oh shut that horse up!"
"Hold up Darius, that's Y/N's horse, Finn."
"That girl is here then."
Alexander nodded.
"Come on, let's go in."
Inside the castle, Sadie heard Finn's cries and the voices, which she recognised immediately.
"Sadie, are you okay?" You ask. She looked at you and Alcina.
"Alexander and Darius... they must have followed me."
Your gaze darts over to Alcina then shot back at Sadie.
"You two must hide. I'll be fine."
"Sadie, no-"
"I'll be fine, mum. If they know you're not here, they'll go."
You gulp and nod.
"Stay safe, my daughter."
She nodded with a smile.
"Come on, Y/N." Alcina said, taking your hand and walking off through one of the doors. You cross your fingers, hoping Sadie will be okay.
"She'll be fine, Y/N." Alcina whispered, keeping you close.
"I hope you're right, Alci."
Alcina kissed the crown of your head.
"SADIE, GET HERE RIGHT NOW!" Alexander yelled. You gulp. You hear his footsteps on the marble floor.
"Hi, sir." Sadie greeted. You peek through the crack on the door to watch.
"Careful." Alcina whispered.
"I will." You reply. Alexander stood in front of Sadie.
"HOW DARE YOU LEAVE CASTLE L/N LIKE THAT!"
Sadie remains silent. Suddenly, the guards walked into the castle and stood around Alexander and Darius.
"The guards..." You whisper, "They're armed."
Alcina clenched her fist.
"We might have to fight them assholes."
You look back at Alcina behind you.
"Do you think we can?"
"Look at us, Y/N."
You nod and look back out the door.
"You left my castle with my wife's horse and still haven't found her." Alexander explained, walking back and forth. "You do not understand the punishment you'll get for this..."
Sadie gulped.
"You followed me, sir. Why?"
"Why?! Because child, you are exactly like Y/N and I want to make your life a living hell for it. I wouldn't let you off so easily."
Sadie began to shake and you noticed.
"We might have to fight after all." You mumble. Alcina exhaled.
"Ready when you are."
"But, now that you're away from the kingdoms, I can dispose of you without getting arrested. Guards, aim."
Sadie stumbled back onto the floor. You looked back at Alcina.
"I'm going out, now."
She nodded. You gulp and push open the doors.
"Now, now boys... That's unkind." You tease, walking out from behind the doors. You stood your full height and tried to look as intimidating as possible, even though you were petrified. The men looked at you with their jaws on the floor. Alcina let out a groan of annoyance.
"You've dirtied the floors..."
You two stand behind Sadie and help her to her feet.
"It can't be..." Alexander mumbled, looking you up and down. You look at him with disgust plastered all over your face.
"Alcina, you-"
"Hold your tongue, Darius or do you want me to cut it off?"
Darius took a cautious step back.
"Put those guns down, now." You bark, putting an arm around Sadie.
"What happened to you two?"
"Keep that nose of yours out of our business, Alexander." You reply.
Suddenly, one guard shot a bullet at Alcina's torso. You gasp and hold Sadie closer but Alcina looked unaffected.
"That was pathetic." She laughed.
"How did you-"
Alcina glared at the guard who shot.
"What the hell are you two?!" Alexander exclaimed, fear heard in his voice.
"Sadie, leave us and hide." You whisper. She nods and parts from you. You instantly summon your claws on both your hands.
"If it's a fight you want, it's a fight you'll get." You coo, laughing at their horrified faces.
"Shoot!" Darius cried. Alcina instantly summoned her claws and began to attack the men, but aimed for the one who shot her first. You attack the armed guards but kept an eye on Alexander and Darius. Sadie ran up the stairs into the rooms.
"Why is this castle so complicated?!" She cried, running from room to room. Down with you and Alcina, 3 out of the 10 guards were dead. Alexander and Darius are keeping their distance from you and Alcina.
"What happened to them?!" Alexander asked.
"I have no idea! They're monsters!" Darius replied. You sliced one man into 4 and the blood went over your dress. You groan.
"Ugh..."
"Bullets don't harm them!" Darius said, holding his gun close. "HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?! AND THOSE NAILS?!"
Alexander shrugged and kept his aim on you as he stayed his distance.
"The child, Sadie, will you just let her go?" Darius asked. Alexander turned to Darius with a wide eyes.
"You're a genius! So, when Y/N and Alcina are occupied, we go after the girl."
Darius nodded and got his gun ready. Alexander ran out from his place, with Darius following behind. Your eyes followed them. You turned from the guard you were already fighting and tried to slice Darius and Alexander. You missed and the guard you were fighting previously shot at you. You turned around to him again and drove your claws right though him. Alcina finished off the last guard, having only minor injuries. You threw the body away from you and turned to Alcina.
"Are you okay?!"
"I'm fine, N/N. What about you?"
"Fine. I saw Darius and Alexander run off, probably looking for Sadie."
Alcina nodded and wiped the blood onto her dress.
"Did you tell her where to go?"
"No but-"
The echo of a gunshot was heard. Your head shot in that direction.
"Come on."
Alcina nodded and followed you up the stairs.
"Sadie?!" You called. Alcina grabbed your arm after she retracted her claws.
"I don't think that's a good idea."
You sigh and nod. You try and listen for footsteps. You hear them and they sound like they're coming from the other side of the hall. You two turn around and see Sadie running down the stairs again. You two run down after her.
"Mums, please!" She cried, falling to the ground. You jump a few steps and run over to Sadie.
"Are you alright?!"
You turn her around and notice a bullet wound. Alcina landed down beside you.
"Sadie, breathe. Everything will be okay." You say, supporting Sadie's head in your hands.
"No it won't." Darius spoke, walking down the stairs. You look over your shoulder and hold Sadie close. Alcina got to her feet and faced them.
"Little Sadie calls you mums, what a happy family."
"Shut it, Darius." Alcina seethed. Darius raised his eyebrows and looked at Alcina.
"I thought family wasn't your thing, Alcina."
Alcina crossed her arms, clearly unamused. Darius smirked.
"Why didn't you want children when the opportunity was given to you, huh?"
"Because you'd be it's father." Alcina replied. There was another reason but Alcina decided to remain silent. Darius tightened his grip on his gun. Alexander stepped ahead of him and his gaze was on you.
"Face me, Y/N."
Your jaw tenses and you gently lay Sadie on the floor behind you. You get to your feet and look down at Alexander. He looked back up at you.
"I could easily kill you right now but I'm feeling generous. Go back home and never come back." You say, putting your hands on your waist. "Tell them we died, say whatever you please. If you ever come back here with you and your little army, we won't hesitate to murder you."
Alexander raised his eyebrows.
"Why are you letting us go?"
You roll your eyes.
"Do you want me to murder you?"
Alexander shook his head.
"Then go. Go live the life you always wanted and let me and Alcina live the life we want. That's what you want, right? Besides, I need you to take care of my castle and my maidens."
Alexander's body relaxed a bit. He looked at Darius.
"You won't hurt us?" Alexander asked, turning back to you. You summon your claws on one hand and cut Alexander's upper arm. He screamed and put his hand over the cut.
"Now you can go."
"WHAT WAS THAT FOR?"
"You shot Sadie." You reply.
"That was Darius!"
You turn to Darius. Alcina sighed and cut his arm too before he could run.
"Now both of you go, never come back." Alcina said, retracting her claws. You glare at Darius and Alexander and watch them run out between you and Alcina.
"Hope those cuts get infected!" You call after them. You turn back to Sadie and gently take her into your arms.
"What will we do?"
"Mother Miranda, she could possibly-"
"I could."
You look ahead of you.
"Mother Miranda, how-"
"I saw them come in, Y/N."
You nod.
"Could you possibly save Sadie?" Alcina asked. Mother Miranda signalled for you to let her see Sadie. You nod and crouch down.
"I could." She replied, studying Sadie in your arms. "Take her to a room."
You nod and stand upright.
"I think there's a big enough room upstairs." Alcina said, standing next to you. You nod and lead Mother Miranda to the room Alcina spoke about. You lay Sadie gently onto the bed and put the covers over her.
"Stand back." Mother Miranda said, taking out the familiar jar. You and Alcina nod and stand a few steps away from the bed. Alcina looked at you with wide eyes.
"That is what made us... this?"
You nod with a chuckle.
"Silence. The process is starting." Mother Miranda said, closing the jar. You and Alcina fall silent and watch.

After Mother Miranda finished with Sadie, you and Alcina had to clean up the mess. Afterwards, you two fetched clean dresses and changed into them. Mother Miranda left, saying she'll be back with maidens for the castle soon. You and Alcina watched Mother Miranda leave.
"Well, what do we do now?" You ask. Alcina turned to you.
"Why did you let them go?"
You sigh and look at Alcina.
"If they disappear, people will continue to look for him and us. It will bring too much attention."
"Fair."
"And that he needs to take care of my castle and choose someone to keep it going whenever he grows old."
Alcina sighed and lowered her head.
"What's wrong?" You ask. Alcina sighed.
"Why didn't you have kids?"
You shrug.
"I guess we didn't want to take a child into this world if their parents are constantly arguing and falling out."
Alcina nodded and sighed.
"Darius wanted kids but I told him I couldn't. Age and..."
You hum, asking her to go on.
"I just couldn't. I can't."
Your shoulders drop, realising what she's trying to get at.
"Oh... I'm so sorry Alci."
Alcina shook her head.
"It's fine."
You kiss her cheek.
"Sadie is your daughter now. Biological or not, she's ours."
Alcina looked at you with a smile and you smile back.
"I love you."
"I love you too, N/N."