Chapter 13

Bandages, bandages and more bandages. Each morning, you had help putting on a new bandage. The wound was healing but it was quite slow, of course.
"Alci, I'm going out with Sadie to Finn. He needs to be exercised... He probably has a grass belly."
Alcina looked up from her book.
"Please be careful."
You nod and plant a small kiss on her forehead then leave the room. Sadie appears in front of you.
"Hi mum!"
"Hi Sadie. I have a question for you."
She nodded. You go on.
"Finn, he's outside and needs a bit of exercise."
Sadie gasped.
"He's here?!"
You giggle.
"He refused to leave."
Sadie jumped up and down excitedly.
"Yes, yes, yes! I want to see him!"
You nod and smile.
"Then follow me."
You lead Sadie out into the garden. You whistle, calling Finn over. He trots over but he seems nervous. You ensure it's you.
"Hey Finn, my old buddy! It's me."
Sadie reached out a hand and rubbed his muzzle. Finn remembered both of you and instantly began rubbing his head up against your side and Sadie's. Finn used to be just about the same height as you at his withers but now, you're towering over your old, faithful steed. Sadie was perfect height for Finn now.
"Need a lift up?" You ask. Sadie shakes her head and mounts. She wrapped her arms around his neck.
"Oh, I missed this."
You smile and sit down. The bandage around your torso didn't help, at all.
"Careful!"
"I'm fine Sadie, thank you."
Sadie nodded. You let Finn walk up to you and rest is head on your shoulder. You planted a small kiss on his muzzle. Sadie sighed.
"So this is life now?"
You shrug.
"I guess so. At least we all have each other and to be honest, we're quite badass so we'll be fine."
Sadie laughed. Your face scrunches up as you turn to face Sadie.
"I'm being serious!"
Sadie covered her face.
"Am I embarrassing or something, Sadie Dimitrescu?!"
"YES!"

Alexander walked around outside Castle L/N, thinking of what happened those few days ago. He walked through your garden, which was now looking quite ill. Even your favourite flowers looked bad...
"Sir?" A maiden called. Alexander stopped and turned around.
"Yes?"
"You have a letter from Lord Andrei."
The maiden handed him the letter then bowed at the waist. She left, going back into the castle. Alexander opened the letter and read it.

Dear Alexander,
I hope you're well after what happened with Y/N and Alcina. You really did save my life, thank you.
I'm writing to you because a thought came into my mind earlier today. I was thinking about the future of Castle Andrei and L/N. Our wives refused to have children so who will take on the castle after we pass? Would you like to come over so we can discuss this properly? We can have a few beers too.
Please write back soon,
Mr. Andrei.

Alexander folded the letter back up and walked into the castle.
"I'm going out. I want this castle clean when I get back!" He said, grabbing his coat. The maidens nod and continue their work. Cosmo watched Alexander approach and get his tack. The stable girl startled after seeing Alexander.
"Oh, I'm so sorry sir. I didn't expect you to be down here."
Alexander rolled his eyes and tightened the girth.
"Get used to it. I'm heading out, so if any guests arrive, tell them I'm unavailable."
"Yes sir."
Alexander nodded and mounted Cosmo. The stable girl watched Alexander canter away, slightly hurt at the tone of voice he used. The other stable girl came up to her and took her hand.
"Are you okay?"
"I'm fine... I just miss Y/N so much..."
The other sighed.
"I do too but she's gone now. Come on, let's sit down in the hayloft."

Away from the castles, Mother Miranda was looking for something. She was searching for some people for a upcoming project which you and Alcina didn't know about. It didn't worry you because you trust her, well, a bit. She did drag you into this. You never found out who was the one who captured you and stabbed you but you didn't care. What happened has happened and that's it.
"Sadie, come here now!"
You close your book and get to your feet. Alcina was standing just below the main hall stairs. Sadie flew in as her little group of flies. She landed ahead of Alcina.
"Hi, Mother."
"Hi Sadie. Do you want to join me and your mum for dinner?"
Sadie laughed.
"Duh!"
Alcina rolled her eyes.
"Then come on, it's ready."
Sadie nods and flies into the kitchen. Alcina looks towards you and gestures you to follow. You do, with a smile on your face. You were a bit excited to see what Alcina made as she never usually cooks. At the first look, it's looked quite good!
"What is it?" Sadie asked, sitting down at the table. Alcina sighed.
"No idea. Mother Miranda left it here."
You chuckle and sit down. Alcina crossed her arms.
"What's funny, N/N?"
"Oh no, nothing. It looks amazing Alci!"
Alcina glared at you and couldn't help but chuckle.

"Ah, Alexander. Come in." Darius said, opening the door. "Follow me. Would you like a beer?"
"Please."
Darius called for a maiden to get the beers. The maiden came back holding two. Alexander recognised her... Bella, Sadie's old friend. She recognised Alexander too. She spoke.
"Lord L/N, how is everything at the Castle?"
Darius raised his eyebrows.
"Don't speak so-"
"Darius, it's fine. Yes, Bella. Everything is okay back at home. Y/N and Sadie are gone for good."
Bella's shoulders drop. She sighed.
"Thank you, Lord L/N. Have a nice day."
Darius rolled his eyes then continued to walk into the dining room. Darius groaned.
"That Alcina one, she didn't give me a strong son to keep this castle going."
Alexander took a drink.
"Y/N didn't get me one either..."
"What can we possibly do? We need to have someone about to keep the castle going when we can't."
Alexander shrugs.
"I might just get a sibling of Y/N's to do it. They share the same blood."
Darius nodded.
"I don't know who will keep Castle Andrei going. Might go with the sibling idea."
"It's the only option we have."
Darius nodded and took a cigar out of his pocket. He lighted it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi everyone! I'm so sorry this is so short but I've had a very bad writers block recently and I just started school. This year in school is an exam year so all I'll hear is "Study! Put that phone away! It's your exam, not mine!" Blah, blah, blah. I will try my hardest to write some chapters but they'll probably be shorter. I love all of you, the readers, the voters, the commenters... You guys are amazing!