Chapter 11

"Our finest guards have arrived, Alexander."
"Thank you, Mrs. Lupu. We must now wait for the Maro's."
Outside Castle L/N stood a row of guards and lords, prepared for the unexpected. Alexander was at the front of the group with Darius because they know the way. Approaching in the distance was the Maros with their finest guards.
"Here they are..." Alexander cooed, a wide smirk sitting on his face. Cosmo stood tall, holding his head up high. He looked intimidating, not his usual soft, kind self. All the horses carrying the lords and guards were tall and intimidating. The guards were armed with blades and spikes. Soon, the Maro's joined the group.
"Alright, let's get this started." Darius said, a smirk shaping his lips. "The journey is quite long."

You ducked down into Sadie's room. The flies have devoured majority of Sadie already. Alcina followed in behind you. She gasped.
"Goodness me..."
You sigh and cross your arms.
"It seems to be working quite fast."
Alcina nodded and stood beside you.
"You miss her, don't you?"
You bite your lip.
"A bit, yeah. I just hope this thingy she was given works."
Alcina gently nudged you with her shoulder.
"It will. Sadie is strong."
You smile and lean against Alcina. You studied Sadie and the flies eating away at her body. This is what Mother Miranda said will happen but it feels wrong. Sadie is only in her late teens, not even an adult yet and your watching her get eaten by flies.
"She'll hopefully be back soon. Mother Miranda will come around some day and check on her. She might come around today." Alcina said. You nod and straighten up again.
"I hope she does because I have too many questions."
"She probably will. But now, I need a bath."
You raise your eyebrows.
"Do we have one that's big enough for us?"
Alcina nodded.
"I have no clue how Mother Miranda found one but she did. Do you want to join me?"
You blush.
"If we both fit, sure."
Alcina nodded with a smirk.
"I'll get it started."

"Alexander, how long will this journey take?"
"Now that I know the way, at most, 2 hours." Alexander replied. Cosmo kept his head low as they walked, until Alexander would tug on them now and again.
"We'll all pick up a gallop to speed up the journey!" Darius called to the group. Many clicks of tongues were heard as the group burst into a gallop. The lords and ladies were at the front, leading their guards. Alexander took this strongest too, although 2 of them were killed by you and Alcina. He was a bit nervous after your last time together. He's worried you and Alcina will wipe out the lords and ladies but the guards following him pushed that worry away. Those guards behind him are some of the strongest in all the kingdoms. He ignored the things in his head and rode with his shoulders high. He looked at the others. They rode tall, prepared for the unknown.
"My lord, we're approaching a mountain."
Alexander looked ahead. Already? Has it been that long?
"Oh yes, we must climb this and on the other side is where we're going."
The guard who asked nodded. The group slowed down to a trot and then started climbing up the mountain. The mountain was steep, but it's manageable for the horses. They travelled in single file and this was when Alexander and Darius noticed how big the group was.
"They don't stand a chance." Darius said with a wide smirk. Alexander nods, holding himself with pride.

"Stop it, Alci." You laugh. Alcina kisses your freckle that is just above your left breast.
"Why? I love this freckle."
"What if Mother Miranda shows up and you're kissing every freckle on my body?"
Alcina pouted.
"Okay, fine."
You pat her head.
"Right, if Mother Miranda is showing up, I suggest we be ready."
"I'm not a dog, Y/N."
You laugh and pat her head again. Alcina narrowed her eyes playfully.
"Run while you can, Y/N Dimitrescu."
You pause and gasp.
"Dimitrescu? Awe."
Alcina smirked. You planted a kiss on her lips.
"Come on, let's get out, Alcina L/N."
Alcina rolled her eyes playfully and nodded. You stepped out of the bath and wrapped the towel around you but it barely covered you.
"Seriously..."
Alcina giggled. You sigh.
"Stupid towels... I'm getting changed."
"That's a good idea, N/N."
You roll your eyes and go grab the dress that was lieing down beside your towel. You threw it on you and made sure it was smoothed out. Alcina fixed her hair. Whenever you two were both ready, you walked down to the dining room and sat down with a glass of wine.
"We drink too much of this, don't you think?" You ask. Alcina laughed.
"No, never."
You chuckle. Alcina gave you a glass then poured one for herself. You take a sip and sigh.
"That was very much needed. Good call, Alci."
Alcina shot you a lovey smile. You give one back, blushing. Suddenly, the sound of the main doors are heard.
"There she is." Alcina said, getting to her feet. You get to your feet and bring your wine glass with you. Alcina took hers too and held it so elegantly in her hand. You two meet Mother Miranda.
"Hello, Mother Miranda."
"Hello Alcina, Y/N. How's Sadie?"
"The reaction is happening quite fast. Is that normal?" You ask.
"Lead me to her." Mother Miranda replied. You nod and lead her to Sadie's room. You and Alcina duck in, as usual and Mother Miranda just strolls in.
"M-hm. This is what I was hoping for. We might have the new Sadie earlier than we expected."
Your face lightened up and a smile appeared across your face. Alcina squeezed your hand.
"Yeah, all is going well. You haven't interfered with her, have you?"
"No, Mother Miranda." You reply. Mother Miranda hums and nods.
"Sadie is quite strong. She'll be fine."
You nod. You suddenly startle from the sound of the doors busting open.
"What was that..." Alcina said, her grip tightening on your hand.