Part 14

Jughead- Hey hey hey, what is it?

She shook her head and cried harder.

He just held her for a few minutes until she calmed down.

Once her breathing was finally at a normal pace, he got up and picked up the letter.

Betty tried to pulled it away from him but it was no use, he already read it.

Betty- P-Please don't read it. (sobs)

He dropped the letter and quickly pulled her into his arms.

He lightly stroked her hair and rubbed her back.

Jughead- It'll be okay baby. (whispers)

Betty- N-No it w-won't, he could get custody of her. (sobs)

Jughead- No he won't, I have a lot of money and I can get us a good lawyer. I promise he won't be able to step foot anywhere near either of you.

Betty- I-I'm so s-scared. (sobs)

Jughead- I know Betts, but looks at me. I love you and I love Isabella, I will keep you both safe from him.

Betty- T-Thank you. (cries)

Jughead- You don't need to thank me.

Betty- Y-Yes I do, you saved my life. (cries)

Jughead- You still don't need to thank me, we're a team and I'm willing to do anything for you.

Betty- I love you. (tears)

Jughead- I love you too...do you want to rest for a bit since Isabella's asleep?

Betty- No, I just need to get my work done. (tears)

Jughead- Okay, you can use my office if you want.

Betty- Really?

Jughead- Yes.

Betty- Thank you.

She gave him a quick kiss before grabbing her school bag and walking into the small room.

As soon as the door shut Jughead let out a sigh and picked up the letter that was on the floor, once again rereading it.

Dear Miss Elizabeth Cooper,

On Saturday March Twenty Third you will have to go to court against Mr. Hal Cooper to discuss custody of three year old Isabella Cooper. We expect to see you and Isabella in two weeks.

Sincerely,
Judge Daniel Smith

While reading the court date he realised that they only have two weeks so he quickly grabbed his phone and dialled the number of his lawyer.

On the phone:

Mary- Hello Mr. Jones, it's great hearing from you. What can I do for you today?

Jughead- Hi Mrs. Andrews, my fiancé and I really need help.

Mary- Fiancé?

Jughead- Yes, it's a long story that we don't have time for right now. Anyway she has a child that was conceived from rape and now the father is trying to get custody of her from jail.

Mary- Oh wow, how old is the child?

Jughead- Three.

Mary- And the name of both the child and mother?

Jughead- Isabella and Elizabeth Cooper.

Mary- Wait, Betty?

Jughead- Yeah, how do you know her?