Part 16

Mary- Hi Betty, Jughead, please come in!

They walked in and went to the dining room.

Isabella sat in Betty's lap and played with her phone while Betty and Jughead talked to Mary.

Mary- So, Betty, I need you to give me every detail about what's going on.

Betty- O-Okay, well, when I told my parents I was pregnant with Isabella my mom was very supportive but my dad was quite the opposite. He forced me to put her up for adoption, he said he would hurt her if I didn't. When I agreed he sent me to the Sister of Quiet Mercy. I gave birth to her there and finally got her back after three years...but my dad wants custody of her. (tears)

Mary- Okay, so Hal is the father of Isabella?

Betty- Y-Yes. (tears)

Mary- He's also in jail, correct?

Betty- Yes. (tears)

Mary- And Jughead told me she was conceived from rape, how many times did that happen...if you can remember?

Betty- About 6. (cries)

Jughead put his hand on her cheek and wiped her tears away.

Isabella noticed Betty was crying and she looked away from the phone.

She looked up at her mother and leaned into her chest.

Isabella- Mama sad.

Betty- Mommy's okay sweetie.

Isabella- Promise?

Betty- I promise.

Betty gave her a kiss and she went back to playing with the phone.

Betty and Jughead both looked back at Mary and saw that she was looking through a bunch of files.

Jughead- Mary, is there anything we can do?

Mary- About the court date? No. But it is very unlikely that Hal will win considering everything that he's done to you. The only thing you're gonna have to do is tell the judge everything.

Betty- E-Everything? (tears)

Mary- Yes, that's the only way this will go the way we want it.

Betty- Okay.

Jughead- Is there anything else we need to do to prepare for this?

Mary- Not really, all you can do is give Isabella the life she deserves.

Betty- Thank you.

Mary- Of course Betty, I've know you since you were 8, I'm always here to help.

Betty smiled and they all stood up.

Mary walked over to Betty and hugged her while also giving Isabella a kiss.

Mary- She's beautiful Betty, looks just like you.

Betty- Thank you.

Mary- Of course honey. Both of you please stay safe and keep this little cutie safe.

Jughead- We will.

They walked to the door and opened it to see three people standing in front of them.

Their jaws dropped and Betty's heart started racing.

Veronica- B-Betty...

Betty- Uh...h-hey.

Isabella- Mommy, I'm sleepy.

Betty- Don't worry baby, we're gonna go home.

Kevin- B, we understand that you have a lot going on right now but please stop lying to us. You said you were going straight home but you're here, why?