5- Mission Not Accomplished (A)

__________

I like the way your hair falls in your face,

You got the keys to me,

I love each freckle on your face, oh

I've never been so wrapped up, honey

I like the way you're everything I ever wanted.

__________

I honestly don't know what to tell her.

I'm ruthless. My emotions are non-existent for everyone I've ever fucking seen, then why does a certain Indian teen make them leak out of the crevices of the compartments I put them into?

After we sent Ajmera a video of Wilson beating the shit out of Amyra, we received no word from them for hours. 

To top that shit, Terry was a little too harsh on her, especially so that we had to put her on a hospital bed. 

Amyra's so much like a fierce kitten; she acts so courageous and aloof, but inside, she feels everything deeply. I saw her expressions when Terrence whipped her, low whimpers escaping her mouth, but she was determined to not scream.

To not show weakness.

But behind her emotionless eyes was empathy. She was ashamed of what her brother did, almost unbelieving. And it breaks my heart to know that, especially when her brother did what he did.

Breaks my heart?!

Who the fuck has this she-devil turned me into?!?

I take a deep breath, shaking off my emotions. I need to lock them back, I need to not feel anything towards Amyra. 

Jai Ajmera could care less about his sister.

He called us, soon after seeing the video. I was anticipating a broken voice, begging me to give back his sister in return for anything that I would want. 

**

"Hello?" I said into the receiver, a smirk on my face. 

"You really thought that taking my sister would make me bend to you?" the voice from the other end said, laughing. My smirk dies down immediately, and I sit up straighter, realising that my whole plan was based on Jai's love for his sister.

"Jai Ajmera, I assume?" I spoke, my voice devoid of any emotion.

"Who else, darling?" he paused, laughing again.

I clench my fist, knowing that the salutation meant that he knew about my secret. The very secret that almost led my father to kick me out of the family. Jai's whiny voice breaks me out of my thoughts. "When you took my sister, you probably saved her from a life of misery, Mr Danes. I drafted a contract with Samuel Crews' father, giving her away for marriage in return of doing business from all the ports they own. I assume you understand that Samuel's reputation precedes him, yes?  His father might have gotten rid of the charges, but you and I both know how many counts of assault Sam has."

"My contract was void as soon as you kidnapped Amyra, but with the roots I buried in Crews' ports, I've started my business from there. Quite simply, I have no use for my sister now. I advise you to kill her off painlessly; given how much she loved me, I owe her that. But I can't force you to do anything, so..." he laughs again.