9- 13 Reasons Why (M)

__________

Skies grew darker,

Currents swept you out again.

And, you were just gone and gone, gone and gone

__________

Faint murmurs and chatters invade the blackness in my mind, the calmness morphing into chaos. 

"She's waking up, I'm sure!" a sweet voice echoes, and I realize that it's Noah.

Shit.

Either I'm dead and Noah's my guardian angel.

Or, I survived: that's worse.

I try to lift my eyelids, but weights seem to rest on them, making it entirely more difficult. "Open your eyes, Amyra. You still haven't defeated me at Uno," Noah says, making me smile inwardly.

A matter of time, Michaels.

I use all my strength and pry open my eyes, a harsh light invading my eyes, making me squint.

"There you are," he says, squeezing my hand. 

"I'm defeating you next time," I rasp out, having a coughing fit after. Noah rushes to put a straw inside my mouth.

"Water," he says, nodding at me to drink. I suck through the straw as cool water soothes my itchy throat. I huff, pulling away.

"So... I'm guessing I'm not dead?"

*****

"Ten weeks," Noah finally utters, making me throw my head backward.

"Seriously?! The way you were reacting got me thinking that it was years!" I yell at him, and he laughs, his expression contradicting his actions.

"Are you fine?" I ask him. He nods but then narrows his eyes at me.

"No, I am not!" he shouts, shooting up from his chair. "What gave you the right to do what you did?!" I lower my head, fiddling with my fingers. "Mr. Danes never once treated you wrongly, except the first day of your arrival. He gave you everything that a human needs, Amyra! Can you even imagine what he would have gone through if you died? He doesn't believe in killing innocents, he values life. Unlike you, of course. You don't care, do you? He would have blamed..."

"I had no choice!" I yell in between his rant, shutting him up. "I had no choice, Noah. There was not one way left to proceed without betraying my mafia. Asking for your help, working for you, it wouldn't work. Even if I did go back, the contract between my fathe-brother and Mr. Crews would void if I returned, making all the property that Jai acquired go back to him. In case that didn't happen, I would be married to Sam. Sam. He wants me as his sex-doll, not his wife! I would be better off dead, thank you very much," I say and catch my breath, resting on the inclined back of my bed.

"Well-" Noah starts to say but a voice from the door interrupts him.

"Now that you have woken up, I am here to get you to your dungeon cell," Terry enters the medical wing with an evil grin on his face.

"What?!" Noah and I say simultaneously. The attached heart monitor starts beeping erratically as the familiar, aching memories come rushing back. The way he kept me locked in the room for months without light, how he added almonds in my food just to see me on the brink of death, how he stripped-