First Love Memories

Published: 27/07/2021

Updated: 29/07/2021

Hayami's eyes shifted back to normal as she stared at her and Iruma. She stopped the urge of making Ameri let him go. She didn't sense any hostility from her in contrast to how her face may look. 'Why isn't Yami-chan helping?!' He thought.    

"Anyway, I'll be right back real quick while you two sort out each other's issues." She said, turning to the scattered school cleaning supplies. Taking them up, and once all were collected, she left the two to put them where they were supposed to go.

'No! She's getting away! Calm down...Calm down, Ameri!' She lifted her head. 'She will come back. I must do what is necessary. There will be panic if anyone finds out there are two humans in the netherworld! I'll just contact my father, the head of the Demon Security Police, and have them sent to the proper facility. As the student council president, I will consider anything that disturbs the peace at this school a crime!' A fiery aura around her terrified him a little.

'I wonder if she's that mad that I bumped into her...' He thought. "Um, I'm really sorr—' He attempted to remove her hands from his cheeks only for her to interpret this as a sign he was going to "attack" and grabbed his wrists.

'He almost got the upper hand! His movements just now... It's exactly like that scene in the forbidden texts!' By the way, Ameri can't read human language. She just gets excited over the pictures. 'He's definitely dangerous! I will not miss a single move he makes!'

'She really is mad!' He panicked. "Um, I'm really sorry!" He bowed but she also bowed too because of his actions causing both of them to freeze. 'What should I do.' Both thought at the same time. 

'I instinctively copied his movements, but what do I do from here? Is he trying to hold my hands and make me fall in love with him?!' 

'Why is she bowing?'

Hayami had come back from putting the cleaning supplies in the janitor's closet to find them in that bow-down position with their arms linked together. She stood there slightly confused. "What is going on here?" She asked then studied their body language. She greatly understood that they both do not know what to do, and they froze on the spot. "This is awkward. I shall separate you two now." She walked over to them, before she could put their hand on them and Ameri could react to her, the manga book fell from under her shirt onto the floor. 

She gasped and tried to grab it, but Iruma was quick to take it up and opened it. She also took a peek at the book, being very curious about what it is"Oh, that's..."

"Wha?!" His face lit up in surprise. 

"Is this...?" Her eyes slightly widened as she also flipped a few pages just to get a scan and a familiar reading of it. 

"It is! Wow, this takes me back! It's First Love Memories!" He beamed and this made Ameri shocked. 

"I love that series, that's one of the mangas I love to read. It was so sweet." She placed her hand on her cheeks as she fawned over the memories and how she sometimes dreamed it was her with her own love interest. This causes Ameri to be even more dumbfounded. "Didn't you tell me that you were one of the assistants in making this manga series? You did an outstanding job!" 

He laughed sheepishly. "Thanks. I was, this is giving me nostalgia..." This book has made Iruma take the road down of nostalgia clouds as he recalled working hard on it, with other people and the adult was looking over them, making sure they were doing things right.

'Huh, First Love Memories? I have no idea what they are talking about, but they reacted to the forbidden texts!' She thought. "So you two really are..."