The Battler's Challenge(II)

Published: 13/11/2021

Updated: 01/03/2023

At school, there was a tense atmosphere around and there was a countdown from 331 as the doors opened to reveal demons with glowing red eyes.

***

Iruma awed at his dish. "A Bet dish! It's so much fancier!" He exclaimed happily. "Let's dig in!" He cut a piece of the meat and ate it. "It's so good!"

"To think this is a Zayin meal, it is very fancy."

"Good for you, Iruma-chi and Haya-ki!" She said and Asmodeus and Kuro smiled

She took her glass which was filled with a blue liquid. "Considering those meals we are at home, this seems like nothing." She sighed, putting the glass down, and took the fork. "Makes me feel bad for eating such a dish with you guys." She said with a sweatdrop.

"You need to eat up, Hayami-sama! You deserve it." Kuro told her. "Deserve this for your accomplishments thus far," Asmodeus added.

Iruma looked around the cafeteria. "But I wonder why there aren't many people here," Iruma said. "I've never seen the first-year cafeteria this empty."

Hayami's eyes shifted around the room too. "Now, that you mention it..." She said.

"Well, you see.." Asmodeus was saying then a soft squeal caught all their attention.

Four demon girls were looking at them then jumped on Iruma and Hayami while gushing at Asmodeus and Kuro. "it's Asmodeus-sama and Kuro-sama!" The pink hair one said.

"He's so hot and she's so pretty!" The blue hair said.

"Please, shake my hand!" The blonde said.

"There's finally a guy and a girl who's in my league." The alien-looking one said.

Under the girls, Iruma was squashed under the pink hair one and Hayami under the blue hair one. While Iruma whose plate was away from him, Hayami's face was in the food and she only smiled but a noticeable irk mark appeared on her the side of her head. "What's this? Don't tell me you girls are so blind that you do not see people in their seats. How utterly anserine." She calmly said.

Asmodeus was alerted. "Iruma-sama, Hayami-sama!" He scolded them. "Such insolence, begone!"

"They are under you, get off!" Kuro told them.

They were confused and before they could act, Hayami thrust herself upward which pushed the blue hair girl off her as a result.

She got up and felt better now that her weight was off her. Before the pink hair demon could lean off Iruma, she grabbed him by his arm and pulled her close to her body. In turn, this made the pink hair girl lose her balance and hit her head face-first on the table. "Iruma-kun, are you okay?" She asked gently, looking at him for any look of pain.

"Iruma-sama, Hayami-sama, are you hurt?" Kuro and Asmodeus asked together in unison.

"I'm fine, I'm okay," He reassured them and she sighed in relief, hugging his body gently and then looking at them with a grin. "I'm fine as well." She told them. Kuro was relieved to hear that and Asmodeus too, but he felt his heart clench a little when he saw how close they are but also ignored this feeling.

The pink hair groaned and rubbed her head while muttering 'ow' in pain. "Iruma-kun? Hayami-chan?"

"You're here?" The blue hair one looked at Iruma but not Hayami. She noticed her but just wanted to be on her back just to say she made contact with her, but that turned out to be a really bad thing. "Sorry, Hayami-chan, I shouldn't have jumped on you like that."