Prologue

Published: 19/12/2019

Update: 11/06/2023

A young girl stood in front of her mother who had black kinky hair. She had violet eyes and wore a long elegant blue and white ruffled dress with white heels and a pearl necklace around her neck. The young daughter looked at the man who had long white hair, wearing a regal suit consisting of a button-up black jacket, but it was way longer with two tailcoats at the end, a white-suited shirt under, and black pants with black shoes. He had on white gloves. His candy-apple red eyes gazed at the young girl.

He knelt down to her height, going down on one knee. His hand went on her head as he patted with a soft smile making its way to his face. He finally had a family that he dreamed so much about and longed for.

This was becoming and it all seems so like a dream. He knew this wasn't a dream, and this was the best thing to happen in his life.

The young girl had white hair, like her father, and violet eyes like her mother. She wore a simple white dress with thigh-high white socks. She had shoulder-length hair.

"Ne, otōsan, you'll come back, right?" Her gentle voice resounded through his ears. He kept rubbing her head with a smile. Something was hidden in that smile. He masked what he truly was feeling. 

He chose not to answer. "I'll always be there for you and with you all the time." He gives her a tickle afterward which made her laugh, not realizing he had dodged her question. 

"My precious daughter." He said with such solemn and softness in his voice. He hugged her and she returned the hug back before he pulled away. Her father stood and looked at his wife. She walked over and hugged him, with him hugging back. They exchanged incoherent words that she did not understand or hear so well. He turned around and walked to the door, his hand on the knob. "Hayami."

She looked up at him with her innocent violet eyes. "Be strong for me, okay? Be brave and ambitious!" He said with such energy which she jumped in response with her eyes glittering. "Otōsan! You can count on it! Make sure you watch me and come again!"

He paused momentarily as his wide eyes narrowed in slight sadness, but wasn't going to ruin her mood. "Right. Goodbye! Daddy loves you." He opened the door and then went out, closing it in the process. 

She turned to her mom. "Okaa-san! I can't wait until Daddy comes back! I'm gonna show him what I can do!" She ran off to her room with excitement. The mother stood in the room with her eyes closed. 

"If only you knew the truth, dear..."