Humans Treatment in the Netherworld

Published: 13/12/23

Updated:

***

Young Ameri was sitting down in her father's lap as she asked. "Hey, Father. Are you catching the bad guys?" 

"Yes. I capture the demons who have forgotten their promise to the netherworld." He replied.

"That's so cool! I'm going to catch them, too!" 

The male chuckled and rubbed her head affectionately. "Is that so? But we capture things other than demons as well." He said. 

"Other than demons?" She looked up at him. 

"Yes. For example... Humans." 

***

With Iruma, he was blue in the face as he listened to students not so discreetly talk about his fireworks and getting gimel or giving him compliments. He thanked them as he bowed and awkwardly tried to leave. 

"I-I'm standing out too much..."

In the misfit classroom, Clara raised the news article in the air. "Ooh, the special edition! Way to go, Iruma-chi!"

"Thanks." He looked behind. "Er, what are you doing, Azz-kun?"

"This is your moment of glory, Iruma-sama." He cut a paper then he inserted it into the laminator machine. "I need to make sure we save this." The laminated paper was taken out of the machine.

"You laminated it?!"

"So cool!" Claimed Clara. 

"Now, I have to file it." He smiled. "I'll gladly help," Kuro said.

"Very well. I'll take that." Clara said. 

"You will not!" He held it away from her. 

The other students were looking at it and Amari couldn't help but notice a certain blue-haired girl from the corner of her eye who held the paper tightly in her grasp. For some reason, she always seemed to look a bit dejected about whether it was just Iruma or herself and Iruma is the number 1 talk in the school for some deeds they do. 

'Now that I think of it, I'm inquisitive about her.' Hayami thought. Kerori seemed to notice her stare because she quickly looked off with an uncomfortable look. Realizing this, she looked back at her friend group. 

Iruma was in his own thoughts about the demons, and what if they found out he was human. He couldn't stop his thinking and it took Hayami to snap him out of it. "Huh?"

"Come on, don't you need to meet Ameri-san?" She harbours no malice towards Ameri, despite noticing how close she was towards Iruma, but she was giving her the benefit of the doubt. 

"Oh, right."

***

"Sorry to keep you waiting!" Iruma said.  The two were in the Commoner's room to meet up for a little talk and perhaps manga reading.

Ameri placed the teacup on the tea plate. "I heard what happened."

"Huh?"

"About Amy Kiriwo." She said. "I received an explanation in secret. Let me thank you as the student council president." She narrowed her brows slightly. "I Where is Hayami? I would like to express my gratitude as well?"

"She told me she will be training a little with Sabnock-kun." Iruma said. 

"I see." She said. "It must've been rough, Iruma."