⊰2⊱

Date created: 07/20/21

Date Finished: 07/24/21

Date Published: 10/01/21

Author's Notes: This chapter will start with a backstory in Kyojuro's/Giyuu's pov after the last chapter. Then will begin with the main event! But still in his pov.

Warnings: Possible mentions of triggering scenes such as swearing, depression, abuse, and bloody scenes.

⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱
┊┊┊┊
┊┊┊☆
┊┊ *
┊┊🔥
┊☆ °

🔥

It wasn't long after the outburst of the hashira meeting was over. Most of them had left, all except the flame and water hashira. Rengoku had stood outside, leaning against a tree as he waited for the water pillar to show himself.

He was confused and frustrated for once in his life. The one he knew as his best friend was cursed since birth, and he had no idea. Did she not trust him? Or was she scared of rejection? He wanted to get to the bottom of this. And the only way was to counter the water pillar.

Moments had passed when he finally heard the doors slid open then closed. Rengoku held his eyes closed as he felt the presence of someone approaching him. He knew it was Tomioka.

"You are still here...I'm guessing you want to know about her?"

Rengoku opened his eyes to look at the dark-haired male, nodding his head in reply. Earning a long sigh from the water user.

"Alright, but I'm only explaining this because she is close to you. You are the only other one she completely trusts. But if I tell you this...you must protect her and continue to cherish her as your friend."

"Despite what has happened, I promise that. I could never do any different to her," he said, uncrossing his arms and held a hand out.

Giyuu stared down at the flame hashira's hand, a bit taken back from his consideration. Slowly he grabbed onto his hand and gave a firm shake before stepping away and turning around.

"We should speak somewhere more private."

With a nod of his head, Rengoku followed him through the grounds of the Ubuyashiki estate. To the more secluded sections that seemed untouched. They had walked upon a large area that was filled with flowering trees and shrubs. A small pond was covering the center.

"You know...besides her room, this is her get away from her problems dealing with this," Giyuu said as he stopped, looking out over the pond. Watching the fireflies fly over the water.

"Uyakata-sama had built this place for her to help her find peace."

Rengoku stayed silent, staring at the fish that swim. Many thoughts circled in his mind.

"You knew of this the whole time?" He asked quietly, glancing over at the male who signed.

"Yes, I knew. We trained together when we were younger under the same sensei. I've been there when it would happen. It only happens at night and when she doesn't have a good grip on her emotions. Just as tonight."

Rengoku hummed at him. He knew her for a few years but never knew any of this.

"I know you are thinking that she didn't trust you by not telling you. But she has her reasons. It's not that she didn't trust you. But she is scared of rejection. As you saw...people think she some kind of demon. But she's not. She's nothing like one...she's just different". He stopped for a moment, looking up at the night sky.