⊰8⊱

Date Created: 08/19/21

Date Finished: 8/21/21

Date Published: 10/06/21

Author's Notes: Just a randomness chapter. I don't want to rush things into the main scenes-. It will also be a little short.

Warnings: None.

⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱
┊┊┊┊
┊┊┊☆
┊┊ *
┊┊🔥
┊☆ °

🔥

Kyojuro had woken earlier than usual. He was an early bird, but this morning he was up even before the chirping birds. He turned his head towards one of the windows to see that the sun hadn't risen yet. With a soft hum, he went to sit up but was stopped by a warm object.

With confusion, he glanced down to see that Katsumi was lying beside him, her head cradled against his stomach as half of her body was off the futon. As if she had crawled over to him in the middle of the night and did not care for a proper posture. A blush crept into his cheeks, and he shouldn't be surprised at this. Katsumi was known to have bad nights of restless sleep. She often sought him for warmth and to ease her nightmares. But he hadn't noticed her presence before?

He was a light sleeper, constantly aware of his surroundings even in his sleep. He always knew when she came to him. Though most of the time, he pretends that he's asleep. But last night, he didn't... Had he been that tired?. Not that he minds, nothing wrong could go wrong in a pillar's estate. But he rigid like to comfort her when she came ro him. Either way, he was flustered at the sight before him.

"Katsumi," he whispered gently, placing a hand on her back and tried to wake her. But instead of waking up, she buried her face further against him as she released a whine of protest. He couldn't help but smile at her cuteness. She was always a heavy sleeper and absolutely refused to wake up while being adorable at the same time. But there was one thing that always never failed.

"It may be a little early, but I was thinking that we could visit my brother before we leave?~ I believe he also said that he would have more swe-" He didn't get to finish his sentence before Katsumi had shot up from her position. Suddenly awake now.

"I'm up!" she exclaimed, wide awake now, causing Kyojuro to chuckle. She got up and made her way back to her futon, fixing the covers as quickly as she could. Just then, his crow had flown into the room to remind them of the coming mission.

Kyojuro did the same but placing his now rolled up futon back into the closet and grabbed his uniform that Shinobu's kakushis had kindly washed for him. Katsumi's was next to his, all washed and prepared.

"Katsumi, I will return. I'll change in the next room," He said as he glanced over at her. She turned and smiled at him, nodding her head as she grabbed her own. He left the room and walked to the empty room next to hers, and began to change. It didn't take him long to change. As he walked out of the room, he placed his sword into it's rightful place on his belt. 

Katsumi had stepped out of the room just as he did, placing her scale like hoari on her shoulders. "I am surprised that I had finished on time," she teased, adjusting the straps of her hoari across her collarbone.

"I'm surprised as well. You usually take five minutes longer" he laughed softly, grinning at the slight pout she gave him. 

"It's not my fault that they made this uniform confusing," she mumbled, crossing her arms as they walked towards the main room.