⊰12⊱

Date Created: 09/23/21

Date Finished: 9/28/21

Date Published: 10/07/21

Author's Notes: This chapter will have Sanemi's pov...not sure if it will work out due to his personality- but we'll see!. Also, this chapter will be a little short.

Warnings: None.

⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱
┊┊┊┊
┊┊┊☆
┊┊ *
┊┊🔥
┊☆ °

🔥

Several weeks have passed since Katsumi was confined to her home. Several long weeks. The days felt like years. Nothing she did help with the longing and boredom. She tried everything from crafts with her mother and siblings to even training inside...but that didn't work out. She nearly ripped down the walls of a spare room with a broom handle.

Kyojuro had still not spoken to her about the important thing he claimed. He had visited a few times when he could, but only to be sent on mission after mission, hardly giving the man to speak more than five words. The only ones she had actual conversations with were Shinobu, Mitsuri, and Giyuu. Even Uzui once when she had run into him in the halls. Also, besides the maidens and her family that stays within the home.

She could tell it was frustrating Kyojuro just as much as it was frustrating her. She was eager to know what he wanted, and he seemed just as anxious to tell her.

She felt depressed, like a bird trapped in a cage. She wanted to soar through the skies but couldn't. Her patience was running thin. Really thin at this point. She was ready to snap. She promised that she would listen and comply with the rules placed for her. But she believed she wouldn't be able to keep that promise for long.

Just as now, her boredom had burned the last of her patience. Once night had fallen, and everyone was fast asleep except those with night duties. She longed to be outside. It was calling to her.

She waited until the bright moon was high in the sky, indicating that it was close to midnight. She quietly opened her window and listened. No patrol was nearby for the moment, and if she was correct, she had a three-minute time frame before one was to come.

With ease, she slipped herself through the window, gracefully landing on her feet outside with little noise. Before moving, she glanced around and sniffed the air. Still no one yet. When cleared, she crept through the Ubuyashiki yard, making sure to blend behind any object and scanning the area.

She now has a minute left before a slayer makes their round in the area. She quietly rushed to the gated wall of the estate, playfully glaring at how high it was. She could quickly jump it, but that would require noise, and she was running low on time. About 30 seconds now.

Luckily there was a wisteria nearby, acting as a second barrier to the estate. An idea popped into her mind, and she would use it to her advantage.

Quiet as a mouse, she stepped over to the tree and jumped into one of its lower branches. Then another, then another until she was leveled with the top of the wall. She was ready to make the final jump but froze when she caught a musky sake scent in the air.

Her face paled, recognizing the scent, the scent of her archenemy...she turned her head to see the white-haired male walking along with one of the stone paths. Why was Sanemi patrolling!? He always refused to do so.

She held her breath as he got closer. Surely if she moved, he would immediately notice her. He was gaining distance, head moving from side to side to scan the area...he was focused? She had never seen him so focused on patrolling.