⊰9⊱

Date Created: 08/21/21

Date Finished: 8/26/21

Date Published: 10/06/21

Author's Notes: Just a randomness chapter. I don't want to rush things into the main scenes-. It will also be a little short.

Warnings: None.

⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱
┊┊┊┊
┊┊┊☆
┊┊ *
┊┊🔥
┊☆ °

🔥

"Phew, I'm glad that is over!" Kyojuro exclaimed as he landed on the ground. The demon's head fell next to him, spilling out curses as he glared during it's last moments. Kyojuro flicked the blood from his blade before turning to see his partner decapitating the last demon. She gracefully landed on her feet and turned to face the crumbling demon. 

"Rest in peace," She mumbled, causing the demon to tear up. Who whispered a quiet thank you before finally disappearing.

She had always wished them peace in their last moments, even when they had sworn her to hell. This always confused Kyojuro in why she did, especially when they tried to kill her. But this time...there was something different about her. She kept her eyes on the spot where the demon laid.

"Katsumi?" he called, stepping closer to her, looking at her with concern when she wore a blank expression but also a fierce glare.

"What if it was like Nezuko? Forced to become a demon and lost its way..." she said quietly, her brows furrowing deeply as if the confusing rage was consuming her inside. Her grip on her blade tightened. "What if they never wanted this? What if they tried to fight their demon instincts?...What if they wanted to live normally like everyone else? But that bastard Muzan forces this on them? Forcing them to hurt people? Just for the hell of it? Why does that bastard do this? What is his reason? Logic? just why!?"

Kyojuro's lips part with the smallest of gasps at her sudden outburst. It was rare to see her this upset. She never really was upset. Only if she was around the wind pillar, but he could understand why she felt this way. Honestly, a part of him does as well. Their whole meaning had suddenly changed when the Kamado siblings revealed themselves. Katsumi had always pondered the thought that demons could be good...earning much hate and struggle for it. But these two children had proved her right. 

"Perhaps so..." he spoke, his eyes moving down to the remaining ashes of the demon. "But even so...They had hurt people, and that is unacceptable. No matter what they have felt."

A sigh escaped from her, her body slowly relaxing as she sheltered her blade. "I know, and we cannot allow that. But it makes me wonder...if they tried to fight it?"

"I am not sure. But let's not ponder on the matter too much!. You are already so tensed, and soon it will be dark. That won't be good if...you know? Happens here. We'll leave first thing in the morning! Remember that Senjuro is waiting for us" He held his hand up as he whistled, calling for his crow. Who appeared in a matter of seconds. 

"Please relay a message to my younger brother at the Flame Estate. We will be returning tomorrow evening at the latest. That is if Katsumi won't drag me there the whole way or stop for a nap on the way!"

"Kyojuro!" Katsumi whines at his teasing, which only earned a booming laugh from the male.

"You know I was teasing Katsumi! Anyways, please inform him" He smiled as his crow squawked and flew into the air, disappearing from sight behind the thick forage of the trees. "Well now, let's head to an inn!"