To get to know you

"Here looks like the perfect spot to set up camp! Hey Juvia, let's stop here!"

The two mages had gone back to Yato to give him back the book to which he cheered. He had paid them so well for getting the book back in one day, as opposed to the one week that he had thought it would take.

"You guys are incredible! I was thinking that sending two young mages who are in love would slow the job right down, but you guys put your love aside for the job and did what was expected of you! I'm proud of you guys!"

He made the two of them blush as they were trying to explain that they were definitely not in love with each other, but the old man wasn't having it. He had just laughed at their supposed denial, waving his hand dismissively at them both as they blushed and left his house with their money.

"It is a very nice clearing. It's easy to set up the tents here."

"Yeah exactly! Plus, now we're back in Magnolia, my house is only like 3 miles that way and there's a stream nearby so that we can go fishing!"

Natsu was practically bouncing around in joy as Juvia laughed and pulled out two seals. She threw Natsu one and kept one for herself as it held their tents.

"I can imagine fishing with you right now. Oh man, why did I never think to bring you along on a fishing trip?! Fishing with a water mage is way easier! I can't wait to tell Happy that we..."

Juvia looked over her shoulder and at Natsu when she heard him cut himself off. He was staring down at the tent that he had just released with a face of sadness and loneliness. It reminded Juvia of how she used to look back when she was younger and if there was one person in the world who shouldn't have that look, it should be Natsu.

She ditched her tent on the floor and walked up to Natsu before putting her arms around him and pushing her front up against his back. Her touch seemed to bring him back to reality as he raised his hand to touch hers that had crossed over his chest. He could feel her water moving near him, as if to wash his worries away. Even though she was a water mage, he felt like she was the one warming him up, bringing him back to how he should be. He smiled a little at her actions.

"Thank you..."

Juvia slowly released her arms from around him with a big grin.

"Remember that Juvia is here. If Natsu needs to talk, Juvia is all ears. For now, let's see who can set up their tent the fastest."

Juvia ran back over to her tent and Natsu smirked. "Oh please, this will be your first tent that you're putting up and you think you can beat me?"

Juvia was silent as she had already started putting hers up and Natsu cursed under his breath, surprised that she actually knew what she was doing. He quickly turned to his, setting it up as fast as he could, worried that Juvia might beat him, but when he turned around, he grinned. She wasn't finished!

He snuck up behind her, noticing her little problem and laughed out loud when the tent actually fell on her head. He heard her huff from underneath it as she tried to find her way out of the material. He still had tears in eyes from him laughing too hard at her predicament.

"Hey, I got it."

He lifted it up so easily from off of her head and when she stood up, she didn't realise how close she would standing in front of him as they found themselves staring into each other's eyes. They both stood still, gazing into one another's eyes, not knowing how and when to pull away.

"Er, I can set your tent up for you. Just make sure you watch this time around because next time, you're doing it by yourself, got it?"

Natsu quickly looked away and Juvia shook herself out of her thoughts about Natsu's eyes and tried to concentrate on what Natsu was doing in front of her. She knew that he was rambling on due to the awkward moment that they had just experienced, but if she knew Natsu, she knew that the awkwardness would pass on soon anyway and they would go back to normal. It was just so easy with him.