In my head

One month timeskip

Juvia found herself walking through the forest. She was barefoot as she stepped over the twigs and the leaves that lay around her feet, making sure she didn't get hurt. She was smiling as she enjoyed the sound of the tweeting birds around her. She basked in the sunlight that poured through the trees and she couldn't help but giggle to herself as to how serene nature really was. She felt so carefree.

"Oi, you!"

She jumped and turned around as she saw a man running through the trees and heading towards her. He had pulled her right out of her thoughts as her heart was racing from his voice cutting through so suddenly.

"You need to get out of here, it's not safe! Don't you know that's where the dragon lives?!"

He had an axe in his hand, signalling that he was some sort of wood chopper. He didn't even wait for Juvia to reply as he just ran away from her, into the opposite direction that she was going in. She guessed that that was the way into town. She watched as he got further and further away from her before she turned back around.

She shrugged her shoulders and ignored his warnings, carrying on with her journey. She was now curious. She had never seen a dragon before! What were they like? Did they eat humans? She knew that some dragons taught their nature to humans, would she be able to get taught by one?

She carried on her journey, walking through the woods when she noticed something white tangled in the bushes. She raised an eyebrow and gingerly walked over to it. It looked like some sort of scarf. She reached out for it and she held it in her hands gently as she ran her hands over the material. It felt like silk, but looked like cotton. She smiled as she wrapped it slowly around her neck, enjoying the feel of the odd scarf. Why did it look like it had scales? And why was this scarf so familiar to her?

She walked on once more until eventually, she got a clearing with a cave. Her jaw dropped. Something was telling her not to go in there, but she felt safe. There was a warm aura that was literally begging for her to come inside, how could she saw no? She had never been the curious type, she would have usually listened to that man's warnings, but not this time. Something within her had changed and it could either go smoothly or get her killed.

It was dark and Juvia just kept on walking in, not sure of where she was walking. She cursed when she stepped on something sharp and she instantly knew that she was bleeding. She hissed in slight pain. There were no plasters or bandages just lying around randomly.

"What am I supposed to do about this?"

"Who's there?!"

Juvia jumped when she heard the booming voice and she almost fell in shock. Suddenly, the cave was lit up and she looked up, noticing that there were torches leading down the cave and it all pointed to...

A dragon.

Juvia gasped and gulped when she saw the huge reptile and she almost peed herself when she saw it coming towards her. Oh Kami, was this where she was going to die? Why hadn't she listened to that man when she had the chance to run back? What an idiot, well, it's her funeral.

The dragon stopped in front of her, staring. He didn't seem angry, not even in the slightest bit. His face was blank as if he was truly asking who was there, not like he was pissed off that she was here. That made her fear subside and she smiled.

"I'm Juvia Lockser."

"Oh, well then, you alright Juvia? I can smell blood."

She looked down and wiggled her toes. "Oh yeah, I cut myself on something sharp at the entrance of the cave. It was a little dark in here."