-3 Average Monday

Chapter 3 already!

Okey, things are going to start getting a little spicy soon my lovelies, just be patient with me.

Also, I'm writing Joan as if she's divorced from her husband just FYI.

Let's get into it, shall we?
_______________________________
I woke up to my alarm, 7:00 am. I'd forgotten to take my clothes off yesterday, which resulted in a lot of sweat. School starts in 8:30, so I have 1,5 hours to get ready. Usually mornings are no problem to me, surprisingly, but today I can't stop thinking about Joan. I get in the shower and wash myself, don't wanna smell when I get to school.

Wonder how Mike is doing with his baby sister Angela. Guess he'll study from home today. It's very simple with our college actually. All you need to do is call the teachers and say that you'll be working from home. Thought you do need to know what everyone else will be working with and show proof that you actually have worked. Joan... I wonder how Joan is doing. Where she goes when she's not cleaning, who she hangs out with.

I get out of the shower to make sure I'm not going to do something I'll regret later. Still need to dry my hair and find some clothes to wear. My father has already left the house for work. It amazes me how he can drink himself dumb one evening, then wake up ready for a new day. I wrapped a towel around my body and let my wet hair hang in the air so it would dry naturally.

The doorbell rang. I go downstairs to see who it is, and it's the very person I was thinking about in the shower, Joan. She had a green blouse today, with a neckline just as low. The realization that I was standing in nothing more than a towel in front of her hit me like a truck. "Good morning dear, I was gonna mop the kitchen today. I'm not intruding, am I?" She's so polite, and she looking me in my eyes instead of sinking lower.

"Of course not, come in Ma'am" I take up one arm to signal for her to come in and the towel slightly shifts. For a split seconds you could see a glint in Joan's eyes when the towel was caught by my hand. (Lucky, cause you still got school young lady)

She gets out get cleaning bag and starts to pull out a bunch of different products. I still had some time, so I decided to stand and watch her for a little. She didn't seem to mind, she might've been a little distracted at some points, but it was fine. As the clock struck 7:30 it was time to get fully ready. I went back upstairs to get some clean clothes on. My hair was still a little wet, but it'll dry on the walk.

As I make my way down the stairs, I can hear Joan whispering to herself. 'Get a bloody grip, she's too young' It makes me feel relieved in a way, but also sad. Of course I'm too young, what did I expect? Maybe it was wishful thinking that she wouldn't mind.

I walk back towards the kitchen to make my presence known, not letting it show on my face that I heard what she had said to herself. For the moment she was working on the windows above the sink, so I took the opportunity of reaching for a bowl in the cabinet right next to her. I'm not the tallest, but I can reach the bowls.

While reaching forward, I slightly grace my hand over Joan's upper arm. She tenses a little by the surprise, then continues to scrub. "No towel anymore?" She asked out of nowhere. I look up at her with my eyebrows slightly raised. Did she want me in a towel? (Not that I would complain 💀🤚)

"No, I prefer to not go to school in a towel" She quickly looked away from me when she heard what I had said, a sad look painted on her face. Perhaps she wanted me to stay? I could... No, I need to talk to Madam Hooch and this week's assignment. (Yes, I'm borrowing her from HP and making her into a PE teacher)

"No, of course not. Sorry for the stupid question" She continued to scrub the window even though it looked spotless already. "Don't worry, I thought it was funny" I say with a smile on my face. My alarm for 8:am started going off and it hit me that I'd have to leave now if I wanted to be on time for first period.
(I don't know how American school works, but let's go with periods)