-9 | Odd Situation

Y'all! This story has gotten 1000 reads very recently!! I want to thank you all for reading ❤️❤️

I know I said that updates are on Sundays, but I felt like uploading it today instead. Let's just say that a chapter will come within a week xD

As you read in the last chapter y/n confessed to Mike about her and Joan!! Omfg

But hey, we have to see what happens, let's get into it!
_______________________________
TW: Panic attack, Talk about deadly decease and talk about death.
_______________________________

-"Yes.. I feel in love with my cleaning lady.."

Mike's whole body froze, though still facing me. I could see in his eyes that he almost expected it, but it still came as a surprise that I had admitted it.

"Look, I can't lie to you any longer.. I-I love her.."

Tears had began to form in my eyes. It seems like I've been crying a lot these last 24 hours. The realization that I could never have her hit me like a truck yet again. Mike put his arms around me, knowing that this wasn't a time for judgement, I needed comfort. I could feel my body shaking in his arms.

"Shh Shh, it's alright.. we'll figure it out.. breathe, just like we used to.."

In.... And out.... In...... and out...

"Keep going.. in.... and out.... You'll be alright.."

In.... And out..... In... and out...

"That's it....."

In...... And out.....

"Y/n... you remember my little brother Roan? How he used to run from us when we chased him dressed as tacky demons?"

I nodded into him, still sniffling a little.

In.... And out.....

"When he passed away, I remember crying for weeks, months even.... But who was there to help me? You.. and with your help.. I got past it."

I had stopped shaking.. the memories of every night we spent at Mike's mother's house coming back. How we used to talk about our moments with Roan, usually ending them with tears in our eyes. Mike is so strong, I have to be strong for him, like he got stronger for me.

Roan was 5 when he got diagnosed with Liver Cancer, which was too far into the process to be able to treat...

I tried to regain myself, pulling my body away from his to look into his eyes. Thank god for this soul... My tears had formed two dark circles on his shirt, ruining it a little.

"Hey hey, it's okey... I can just dry clean it later... you don't have to tell me how.. just please tell me if you really want whatever's going on between you two to happen." He looked at me with love in his eyes, the way a brother would look at his little sister when she'd graduate.

"We c-can't.. it's too complicated for us to do love.. even if we both want it, we couldn't."

"Oh honey.." He dragged my body into his and pulled me into another hug. "Did this happen before or after she threatened me with a dish brush?" I chuckled into his shirt.