-17 | News? Oh...

Welcome welcome! Time for another chapter! I hope you're all well!

Wow... it's been a little while since I updated this story, but it's here now xD

Let's get into it!

Tw is a spoiler kinda
\/ \/
_______________________________
Tw for panic attack... sorry
_______________________________

- She winks as she pulls me by the hand into the kitchen..

The lights in the kitchen seemed brighter than they had been only a minute ago, shining light into the table. Slowly but surely, plates, glasses, utensils with more traveled from the wooden material into a foam and water-filled sink.

She already stood prepared to wash the dishes off when I would get them from the table. Carefully, I slipped some plastic over the remaining part of her lovely lemon merengue pie and put it in the fridge.

The evening had been lovely, and helping my dear Joan with the final dishes really made it all better..

Suddenly, the home telephone began ringing. Both of our heads shot up at the signal, looking at each other directly after.

"I'll get it."

Before she could object, I kissed her cheek and went to answer the phone that hung on the wall in the hall. I didn't recognize the number that was displayed on the screen, but answered as it might be important.

"Ms. Slater speaking."

The voice answered back almost instantly, that cold tone that you associate with anything but happiness.

"Hello Ms. Slater, I'm Doctor Imphal calling from Moseley Hall Hospital. I have some news about your fathers recovery. Your father is recovering well, some minor neck damage that will result in him staying for a week more or so. Other than that the injuries are, as said, minor and he should be alright."

I took a deep breath as the cold tone quieted in an attempt to regain myself. A horrible feeling entered me as I had forgotten about my father... With the strength I had from the shock I began to answer him.

"Thank you, Thomas..."

The call went dead, those even colder signal beats telling me that the phone has been hung up. What is it with hospitals and being so damn insensitive?

I didn't really know how to react, my mind was running in circles even though I knew I shouldn't worry. What if he can't work anymore? How will we be able to pay Joan and support ourselves?

I could feel my breathing getting heavy, the air coming out as a little shaky as I tried to control them. Joan's voice came echoing from the kitchen.

"Who was it dear?"

The words seemed to fly into one ear and out through the other, making it hard to acknowledge them enough to answer. A feeling of spinning hit me, feeling as though my heartbeat was circling inside of my head.

The beating soon got mixed up with sounds of foot steps, but I couldn't focus anymore. My eyes were watering, making my vision even blurrier than it already was.

The phone leaves my hand but gets caught by that squiggly wire holding it attached to the wall. The sound it made as it hit the wall seemed to almost fade as the shaking started.

My legs were giving in, my lungs and eyes failing me as more tears started to run down my cheeks. I felt two arms firmly grab my waist, a faint voice filling my head amongst the thumping of my heart.

"Shh shh, you got this, you're strong.... My strong little girl..."

My body seemed to give in and slump against hers. I could feel her front press into me in a comforting manner.