-8 'Confession'

Here's part 8, thank you for your patience with me.

If I'm gonna be honest, I love writing this story, but I must be in a certain mindset for it to work, yah know.

Anyways, let's get into it! : )
_______________________________

- Knock knock

That must be Mike. Joan took it upon herself to greet our guest.

"Ah, you.. come in."

She didn't sound happy about our company for dinner, but she'll have to accept that she's in my father's house. Mike went into the kitchen and made eye contact with me. His eyes were wide of shock when he saw me.

"Gurl, are you okay? Need some coffee?" He put his bag down and put his arms around my shoulders. To anyone who didn't know our situation, it would look like we were dating, but of course that's not the case. Don't get me wrong, Mike's a cute guy, but we're none of each other's types.

I could feel Joan's eyes on us as Mike stood hugging me from behind. Too bad she said we couldn't do love, right? His hugs always gave me comfort, and giving the fact that Joan was unable to give me that comfort, I was happy to receive the hug.

"I'm okey, just a little queasy. Should be able to do my classes on distance for the rest of the week." He scoffed a little at my remark. "So you're going to let me be alone in that hell hole all week?" The tone on his voice sounded offended, but I know he was just joking, because moments later we both started laughing lightly.

He removed his arms from around my shoulders and locked eyes with Joan. She looked a little mad, but constrained. Mike's facial expression was almost enough to make me laugh. He looked like if Josh would've taken off his shirt on the rain, only he wasn't aloud to show that he was watching. Hilarious honestly.

"Would you like any help?" I tried yet again to defuse the tension between them, and Mike looked at me like I've summoned a beast. Joan turned around with a stale look, making me hurt from the lack of love in her face. Right.. we couldn't do love..

"I'm alright, though could you kids ask Josh if he'd like to join us for dinner?" 'You kids' ouch. Mike rose from his chair in almost lightning speed, not needing to be asked twice to leave Joan's presence.

"Of course, Mrs Potter." Ah, the power of a last name, she looked a bit sad, but she said it herself... Go back to how things were... I followed Mike outside, and out in the garden where Josh ought to be.

Ah, there's the devil, hiding by the tomato plants. It was actually really inspiring to see him so worried about his plants, but the most adorable thing is definitely seeing Mike's smile upon seeing that white tank top and brown hair.

"Sup kiddos, incredible weather we're getting, the tomatoes seem happy even if I wasn't here to take care of them yesterday." Josh always called us kiddos, even if we were just a few years younger than him. Mike always hated that nickname, it made him feel like he was immature, with is not that far from the truth, but still.

Mike just stood there, smiling like an idiot, no offense, but cmon... be smooth. I nudged him a bit on the shoulder, signaling for him to speak up. Giving him a 'You got this!' look. Finally he did speak up, and without stuttering this time, progress!

"Yes!.... definitely something. Ehm.. Joan wondered if you'd like to join us for dinner?" Josh had had dinner with us before, but I'm not sure if he's properly met Joan yet, so it would be nice to see how they interact.

"If I'm welcome, I'd love to." Mike didn't answer with words, instead he just nodded frantically and smiled. "Well.. dinner shall be ready shortly, see you then!" And with that, I got dragged inside by my elbow, not getting the chance to say anything. He shut the door swiftly, but still tried to not make a sound.