Part 2

Flashback:

Sulochna: Sidharth, you've got a proposal. Girl is from Lakhanpur. Since you've turned 18, I think you should get married now and get a Bahu home.

Sidharth: Maa, my studies?

Sulochna: I am not asking you to discontinue it. I am just asking you to marry. I have been juggling with so many responsibilities after your father left us. You were just 12, Anand was 15 and Sukanya was 10. The miseries of life got worst when even Anand left us 3 years back at the tender age of 18. I've sacrificed two important parts of my life for the freedom of our nation. I somehow managed to get Sukanya married last year and I want to complete my responsibilities towards you as well before I die.(Tears well up)

Sidharth: Okay Maa. Stop talking about such things. I will marry as per your wish. When and where are we going to see the bride? (He holds his mother's shoulder and enquires)

Sulochana: (smiles through her tears) 2 weeks later to Lakhanpur. I will send a letter to them today itself  will stay at your father's cousin, Dayanand Bhaisahab's house for 3 days.

Sidharth: Okay Maa.
.
.
Jagesh: Arey Wah!! So finally Sidharth is getting married.

Sidharth: I am just going to see the bride. There is still time to get married.

Jagesh: Getting a bride is a big thing. You are one lucky fellow. You just turned 18 last month and you got a proposal already. Look at me, I will turn 19 next month, yet no luck. So, your 75% married already.

Sidharth: (laughs and blushes) Thank you.

Jagesh: Oh ho!! Our groom is blushing like a bride. Stop blushing Bandhu {friend}, leave that work to your bride. You concentrate on planning your nuptial night.

Sidharth: Jagesh! Hold on to your horses. Let me get married first.

Jagesh: I am so happy for you Bandhu.
.
.
.
Sidharth and Sulochana reaches Lakhanpur railway station. It was small yet a beautiful village. They look around for any person to ask them the address. It was always the Dayanand family dropping into their house and staying with them whenever they went to their city so Sulochana had never visited Lakhanpur earlier. There was no one in the station except for a station master who did cleaning, waving flag, inspecting the tracks, taking complaints and ticketing as well all by himself.

Sidharth: Maa, this station looks so dreary. Even a graveyard looks cheerful than this. Please be seated on this wooden bench and I will try to find any lost soul wandering around to ask about the address.

She nods and occupies the only wooden bench kept in the station. Sidharth goes around the station and searches. He finds the station master watering the plants in the small garden.

Sidharth: Sorry to disturb you Sir. I wanted to enquire something.

Station master: Oh! I am here to help. Tell me young man, what is it?

Sidharth: Sir, could you tell me how can I reach this address. I am new here and my mother is waiting over there alone.

SM: Oh dear! This is a small village.  There are hardly few visitors who come here hence you wouldn't find too many trains stopping at this station. There are only 2 trains a week, the one you arrived will return after 2 days. Well, the address you are looking for is 5kms from here but you won't get any means transport to reach there from here. Didn't you inform anyone before coming so that they could have sent a horse cart for you?