Part 22

Keeping him, their love and us (SidNaazians) alive through this story. Forgive me if I hurt anyone of you. 🥺 He is with us always.
________________________________

Sidharth and Arvind both return home along with a police inspector.

Sidharth: Sana, the police wants to take your statement since you are the one who witnessed it. Don't be scared and just answer correctly.

Shehnaaz nods and both Sidharth and Arvind stand outside the room.

Inspector: Yes, Mrs. Shehnaaz Shastri, could you tell us what exactly happened?

Shehnaaz: I was waiting outside the theatre for my husband to return with a horse cart when I saw a car speeding towards me. I looked at the driver who was none other than Patralekha. I jumped from my place to move but the car brushed me, making me land on the ground.

Inspector: Who is this Patralekha you are talking about? What's her second name or surname?

Shehnaaz: I.. I don't know. But she was my husband's classmate in college and I have met her once just 2 days back.

Inspector: What was she wearing?

Shehnaaz: Huh? (She tries recalling it) Hmm.. I can't remember.

Inspector: What was the car number?

Shehnaaz: I didn't pay attention to it.

Inspector: Did you had a fight or argument with her?

Shehnaaz: No.. but..

Inspector: Mrs. Shastri, you don't remember anything yet you claim to have seen that person. We can't book a case on baseless points or having ambiguity or no evidence at all.

Shehnaaz: But I have seen her face. I do recognise her.

Inspector: You are talking about a respectable person in the society and how could you simply blame that person without any proper evidence?

He said so and started walking out as Shehnaaz looked at him in shock. Sidharth and Arvind enter the room and Shehnaaz narrates them what exactly happened.

Arvind: What? He cannot deny writing an FIR like this. That's upon court to decide. Wait, let me check with him.

Arvind goes out while Sidharth was fuming in anger.

Sidharth: People dance on the tune of money. If we go by law, they would never help middle class people us. She needs a different kind of treatment. I will kill her.

Shehnaaz: What? You are right. Go kill her and end up in jail. Then we will be happy. I will be happiest person after you've gone to prison. People will respect me for being a murderer's wife.

Sidharth: Then what do you expect me to do? Just sit quietly and let her harm you again?

Shehnaaz: Jiju has gone to speak to him right? Will wait for him. We will follow a safe method to get out of this.

Sidharth nods and waits for Arvind to arrive. Arvind tells him that they've taken the complaint but to be on safer side they should take help of newspaper. Sidharth goes and contacts a news agency.

The next day a big headline comes out on the front page with the article. Additionally, they file a complaint that if any person in Sidharth's house is harmed then the prime suspect will be Patralekha.

Patralekha was trapped in her own web of misdeeds as after reading the article in newspaper two more witnesses give their testimony who saw the accident. Patralekha's father (PF) comes to Arvind's house.