Part 7

5 years later:

"Good morning everyone, I am here to introduce to you, your new lecturer for literature. He is Shri Sidharth Shastri, B.A., B.Ed., Gold Medalist in Literature. Please take this golden opportunity to utilise and acquire from him his excellent and fine knowledge of literature. Mr. Sidharth, the class is all yours. Good Luck!", the Principal leaves the class.

 Good Luck!", the Principal leaves the class

(Sidharth Shastri, age 23 years old)

Sidharth: Good Morning Class. How many of you want to study literature here?

90% of the students raise their hand among the class of 60+ students.

Sidharth: Wow! Okay! Now those who didn't raise their hand can they please stand up.

Around 6 pupil stood up.

Sidharth: Okay! Please introduce yourself and then tell me the reason behind not raising your hand. Starting from the left.

"My name is Ravikant, I didn't raise my hand because I am not interested in literature. Since I couldn't get admission for my favourite subject, I chose literature."

Sidharth: Oh!! Very honest answer but what's the use of choosing this subject when it doesn't interest you? Well, you may sit down. Thank you. Next.

"I am Rehman, I joined literature because I like a girl in this class"

Sidharth: Oh oh oh! Choosing a girl over your career. Hmmm.. I hope the girl reciprocates. Sit down, next.

The next three students cite the same reason as Ravikant.

Sidharth: Hmmm.. the final one. I hope your answer is not the same like your other classmates Miss.

"Shehnaaz! No Sir, I believe that literature cannot be taught. It's just that as a teacher one can assist you but it's always our own imaginations, emotions and feelings which we put across in proper words. The success is when the reader could experience the same amount of feelings and emotions behind those words. So when I know it's within me and my capability to express, I can't say that I am here to study literature."

Sidharth was dumbfounded with the answer.

Sidharth: This is what exactly I wanted from every one in the class. Well done Ms. Shehnaaz. I am very impressed by the answer you gave. Please sit down.

Shehnaaz: Thank you Sir.