Chapter 16: Interrupted

"Do you think she noticed?" I murmured between wet, open mouthed kisses.

She moaned, her words escaping her as I kissed her all along her neck, nipping and sucking at the sensitive spots. Her fingers twisted in my tousled locks, her mouth agape with pleasure, eyes closed as I pressed my lips against the spot behind her ear that drove her crazy.

"N-no, I mean," she gasped softly as my hands slid under her shirt, squeezing her breasts with a gentle eagerness. "Maybe. I-I don't know."

"Hm," I hummed, nudging her chin with my nose ever so slightly. "Having a hard time thinking?"

"Shut up." She tugged at my hair, forcing me to look at her. "Go back to keeping that pretty mouth busy."

I licked my lips, my eyes moving down to hers and attempted to lean forward to kiss her, but her grip on my hair prevented me from getting closer to her. She smiled when she realized what was happening, giving my hair a slight pull, exposing my neck to her.

"Or maybe," she bit her lip. "I'll keep you from talking another way."

She pulled me towards her and nipped at my neck, catching me off guard and making me whimper her name softly. I could feel her smile against me and I squeezed her breast, which earned me another bite.

"Ah fuck!" I hissed, cupping her in each palm and rubbing her nipples carefully, trying to please her.

"That's not a word good girls use." She whispered in my ear teasingly, her hot breath sending shivers straight down to my core.

"What words do they use?" I managed to stammer, my eyes falling shut as she kissed my neck.

"'Please.'" She spoke between kisses. "'Thank you, ma'am.' 'Yes ma'am.'"

"Ma'am," I whimpered, my fingers drawing circles around her hardened nipples.

She hummed in satisfaction and I sighed, happy to let her have control.

Ding.

Ding.

Ding.

I could hear my phone going off and I was kicking myself for not putting it on mute. The grip on my hair tightened and I whined, knowing she was getting just as frustrated as I was with the annoying sound.

It didn't stop and I knew the only way it would was if I answered it. With a sigh, I released her from my grasp and she got the hint, letting go of my hair so I could sit up and grab my phone.

Angrily, I snatched it from off of the nightstand, checking to see who was bothering me at a time like this. It was Kate. I rolled my eyes and unlocked my phone, checking to see just what the hell she wanted from me now.

- When are you coming home?
- We need to talk
- It's really important
- Call me

I ran a hand through my hair and inwardly groaned, not wanting this, or her to ruin my night with Elizabeth. But it seemed as if it was a little too late for that.

"What's wrong?" I heard her ask from behind me.

"Nothing." I assured her, turning around to face her. "It's just Kate."

Her expression changed completely at the mentioning of my friend.

"What does she want?"

I sighed and shrugged.

"She wants to talk. God knows what about." I looked at her and took her hand. "I'm sorry."

"For what?" She questioned, her head tilting slightly in confusion.

"For ruining the night. This is definitely a mood killer."

"It is, but it's also something you have to deal with eventually. You have been avoiding her, you know."

I frowned, looking away from her.

"Maybe I have, but do you blame me?"

"Of course not." She assured me. "This isn't exactly the easiest situation to be in."

"It's stupid." I huffed angrily. "Kate was my best friend before all this and now I can't even stand to be around her."

"You need to talk to her when you go home. Either you have to try to fix your relationship or walk away from it."

"I live with her, Lizzie." I grumbled.

"Barely. You practically live with me at this point." I stared at her in disbelief, wondering if she was actually insinuating what I thought she was. "You might as well make it official and move in with me."

My eyes began to fill with tears and I nodded at her, smiling widely.

"I would really, really love that. But ... this isn't just because I might not have a place to live soon, is it?" I sniffled.

"I've been waiting for the right time to ask you. Now seemed like the best time." She laughed awkwardly and I smiled brightly at her.

"When you come home we can work on it together."