Chapter 26: Here to Have a Good Time

TW: attempted assault

"All ready?" She asked softly, gazing down at my cute, but casual outfit for the party tonight and smiling.

"All ready." I gave her a big grin as I walked up to her and pressed a kiss to her lips.

"Then we're off." She took my hand and led me out of the apartment, locking up behind us as we made our way to her car.

The drive to my old neighborhood was quiet, a content peacefulness that completely surrounded us. I could've stayed with her driving all night; her hand on my thigh, our fingers interlocked, occasionally stealing glances at each other.

"You sure about this?" She asked for what must've been the millionth time, and I nodded.

"I'm sure. I want you to know my friends. Just like I wanna know your friends."

"I want that too." She paused. "If at any time you're uncomfortable, just say the word and we're gone. No questions asked."

I looked at her side profile, my heart swelling with love at her words. Elizabeth Chase Olsen was the best thing that ever happened to me.

"Okay. Same goes for you. I won't be offended if my friends make you wanna leave early." I laughed. "Some of them can be a bit ... much."

She let out a soft chuckle and turned onto Bailey's street, luckily finding a parking spot not far from her house. We got out of the car, not forgetting the bottle of wine we brought as a gift to our gracious hostess. I knew she would appreciate it.

I took hold of Lizzie's hand and took a deep breath as we walked up to the front door, my heart pounding as she rang the bell.

The door swung open and there stood Bailey, half drunk already.

"Now, there's the happy couple! Come in, come in!"

I smiled up at Lizzie before entering the house, pulling her along with me.

"For you, m'lady." I did a little mock bow towards my friend and she gasped as I held up the wine bottle towards her.

"A generous display, peasant!" She slurred ever so slightly as she went along with my playful banter, dragging me along into the kitchen with Lizzie following closely behind. "Let us open it with haste!"

"Maybe you should slow down there." I laughed and she waved me off.

"Psh. You know our parties are all about getting shitfaced."

"Actually," I started, my face dropping at her words. "I was kinda hoping we would be more chill tonight. It's Lizzie's first time with us all and -"

"Shh, of course, of course. Everything will be super chill."

Bailey poured three glasses of wine and handed us both one. Lizzie had to drive so she wouldn't be drinking, but I took a sip just to be polite. I didn't want to get absolutely sloshed and leave it up to Lizzie to take care of me.

"You two make a beautiful couple." She spoke as she took a gulp of her drink, exhaling loudly as she finished it off. "Let's go join everyone else so they can see how beautiful you guys are."

I laughed nervously as Bailey put down her wine glass and began pushing us into the other room, where the party was much livelier.

All of our friends were there, even some people I didn't recognize, which meant Bailey had been busy making new friends in the past few months I'd been gone. I kept my eyes peeled for Kate and Steven, wanting to keep a fair bit of distance between us so there was no drama, but soon I became distracted by the hordes of people trying to get to my girlfriend.