I

I'm so excited to be writing this! Good God I hope it won't be cheesy. And HOLY BALLS LOOK AT THE PHOTO I'M DYING!! 😍😍

Dedicated to bonnaroo bc she's a wonderful person and her stories are just oh my god...!

P.S Chapters aren't the same length, could be short...and could be long. Who knows? ;)

Travelling to Australia has never been present even in my wildest dreams, but here I am, sitting in a plane heading for a new country, a new life...and a new adventure. Maybe not much of an adventure, but still an exciting thing.

I've given up on my ordinary old life, and everyone-including myself-decided I needed a second chance to live, and I mean really live. It's been so long since I just packed my bags and decided to elope; perhaps I've never done that. My sister thought it was about time I actually stood up and said fuck this, I'm going to live my life and I'm not going to hell.

We had said goodbye before I had to get on the plane and I had every word she said dug in my head like a tattoo. I was going to be on my own but I knew how to be enough for myself...and well, I might have gotten a little help from Nora.

The flight attendant signalled for my seat belt with a smile and I pressed the hooks together, my heart picking up in speed. I was a nervous flyer, and I hoped for the sleeping pill to kick in sooner.

"It gets easier once the plane actually takes off." I hear a voice and turn to see a blonde freckle faced girl with a sweet smile. "I'm Mary." She stretches her hand and I shake it nervously, smiling.

"I'm Elizabeth." Her smile widens and she looks out of the window, near jumping with excitement.

"First time going to Australia?" I ask and she shakes her head, probably ready to babble.

"No, but I'm going to see my brother and his fiancée. I can't believe he's engaged and I'm not even in a relationship." She giggles and I smile, feeling the heaviness in my eyes begin to decedent.

"And I'm going to see my favourite band this summer and oh god it's so thrilling..."

I want to let her know that it'll be few minutes before I slump in deep sleep but my eyes begin to drift close while she still talks.

..

After a long flight and lots of stories from Mary, we finally touch down in the airport and I'm buzzing with excitement, stepping out of the gate like it's the door to my new life. It is...kind of.

The airport is crowded with so many people and the chaos and yelling is a bit unnerving. Most of the crowds are girls and others are men holding cameras, gathering around something or someone. And really...I don't have time for this.

The cabbie is grunting and grumbling while saying things in his Australian accent that makes me wrinkle my nose. I don't even understand him, so I just try to pay attention when he speaks of the money and then block him out. Thanks to my sister and her awesome friends, I have an apartment waiting for me somewhere and a note with titles and addresses of places where I could work.

And of course...some money.

I pay the grumbling cabbie and he puts my luggage in front of the apartment, so I pay him a bit more.

"Thank you." His words are practically forced and it takes me few seconds to understand him. I don't even have to smile at him or anything, because he turns away and heads down the stairs, the sound of the screeching wheels filling the silence.

I unlock the door and gape at the sight in front of me. It's not big-definitely just enough for me-and looks so modern and cosy I immediately close the door and jump on the creamy sofa. The kitchen is right next to the small living room and there's a small hall with three doors. I can't contain my elation and the small nervous feeling about doing this.

I can finally be myself, not anyone's daughter or anyone's second choice or anyone's anything! I'm so happy I could jump up and down like a child. I take the luggage to the hall and open the doors one by one until I find the small, adorable bedroom. I can just imagine my sister and her friends planning this.

And I don't do anything more than this. I shove the luggage to the corner and fall face-first on the bed, smiling with near madness. I've got a whole world to explore tomorrow, and I can't wait.