XXIII

After another earth-shattering love making, Ashton and I lay peacefully in my bed. I felt as though I'd gone to heaven; his warm, delicious body cradling mind. My world couldn't get better even if I tried. He was very naked and very pressed against me, and between us, his length was stirring again. My muscles ached, but hell, I was game for another round. 

I laughed when he pushed my hips tighter against him. "I don't think I have it in me to go again, so stop trying." 

He groaned, burying his face in my neck. "Now with that rejection, I'll keep trying." 

"Seriously," I rolled my eyes, my jaw aching from smiling like a drunk. "Have you no consideration for me?" 

"Of course I do, Lizzie," I felt his smile against my neck, and then he whined: "But you're so warm--hot, really--and I've been wanting this since that day in La Perla." 

My cheeks flamed red. "You mean since you bought me lingerie? You've been having a case of blue balls since then, huh?" 

"You have no idea," He growls softly, ticking my ribs a little. "But it's been sweet torture, can't say I minded." 

My heart thawed. I didn't answer, I just sighed contently, hoping he realized how much I loved all of this. This intimacy was something rare to me, because my last relationship wasn't as beautiful as my short one with Ashton. What I had before was something...okay, maybe just slightly sweet, but what I had with Ashton in these few weeks was more than I could ever imagine. Some relationships take time to fuel a spark of passion, others come with its spark hot and ready. 

"I'm hungry," Ashton grumbled, the warmth of his body leaving mine. I suppressed a whine. "Do you have something we can fix or shall I order something?" 

Now that he mentioned it, my stomach growled in hunger, causing him to smile. I blushed. "Just order something; it's quicker." 

He nodded, slipping his jeans on--no boxers. They were slung low on his hips and holy shit...I wanted him again. My body protested as I got off the bed, reminding to calm the fuck down about wanting to go again. I rolled my shoulders, unable to stop grinning like a Cheshire cat. 

Holy hell, I still couldn't believe I'd finally gotten him in my bed. Not because he was the Ashton Irwin, but because he was my Ashton Irwin. 

I was gonna faint.

"Lizzie?" He called from outside, and I quickly took his shirt and slipped it on, walking out of the room timidly. His voice sounded strange. 

I knew why the moment I stepped outside. My heart sped up a little. 

"Bella?" 

Her eyes moved from him to me, a small, surprised smirk spreading across her face. And then it vanished, as if she seemed to remember she'd been ignoring me for some time now. 

"I'm sorry to...interrupt," She looked uncomfortable. "I just wanted to apologize--I think I might've forgot my place. I'd been angry at you for being childish but it's not my place to tell you what to do. I was just so worried you'd lose..." She trailed off, shrugging as if to say you know, him.

I shuffled nervously on my feet, painfully aware of Ashton's presence. "It's fine, Bella. I just, well, I needed a friend the past few days." 

She nodded, looking appropriately contrite. "I'm sorry, forgive me? I'll supply you with makeup and ice cream for a week. Or two," She shot me a cute smile. 

I laughed. "I'll hold you to that. Why don't you stay for a bit? We ordered something." 

She shook her head, grinning. "Nah, I'd rather not stay and be a cockblock. We'll do it another time," She walked over, enveloped me in a tight hug before waving goodbye to Ashton on her way out.