My "Brother" Shows Me a Freakin' Awesome Camp

I do not own anything from Percy Jackson except my own.

My "Brother" Shows Me a Freakin' Awesome Camp

Well, I never thought that I would really ever see my family, so this is a start. Percy drags me "home," and it's sorta a dump. A man the is a bad mix of old, smelly, and disgusting is sitting at a table with some other guys playing a game. 

"What are you doing here early? Got any cash?" He deadpanned.  

"Where's my mom?" Percy asks hastily. The man gets up and grabs Percy's jaw in his hand. 

"I asked you a question. Hey you," He says pointing at me with his other hand, not looking away from Percy, "go get me a beer from the fridge." 

"She's not going to do that, now let go of me!" Percy growled. The man let go and returned to his game of whatever it is. Percy motions me to follow him into another room. The room would have ben nice if it weren't for the garbege. 

"Gabe's work. It's a lot nicer when it's not infested with junk," Percy tells me. 

"Why am I here? Why is that guy named Gabe here?" 

"Don't worry about Gabe. He's going to go soon. And you are going to camp." 

"What's at camp?" 

"Stuff." 

"What kind of stuff? Is it going to be the cheezy kind of camp? I've seen plenty of people go to those kinds of camps." 

"Trust me when I say that you'll never see another camp like Camp Half-Blood," Percy said. He and Phadra exchange an excited look. 

"Do you like cookies? Do you like blue cookies? Do you like unicorns? Do you like unicorns with blood cookies?" Phaedra asks me. 

"Yes, never tried it, yes and yes." She stares at me for a moment before looking down at her fingers and going back to make sense of things. 

"Oh. . ." she says after a minute of awkward silence. Even with the racket from Gabe's game, it felt like it was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. Suddenly, a familiar woman with brown hair and brown eyes comes in. 

"I know you who you are! I just can't put a name on the table. . ." 

"Sally Jackson. Nice to see you again, Fauna," Sally says giving me a hug. She takes my hand and leads me out of Percy's room.  

"Hey, where you going Sally? I need that meal done for the guys soon," Gabe says. 

"I'm going out. I'll be back soon." We walk out of the apartment room and head down to the lobby. We exit the building and Sally hauls us a cab. She tells him where they want to go and he gives her a puzzled look.  

"A strawberry farm?" he asks, his voice rough. 

"Yes, we have some relatives there. We need to make a quick visit to them." the man shrugged and turned around. He started to go and about fifteen minutes later, we were absolutely nowhere. Grover, Percy and Phaedra go out of the cab, so I followed; Sally stayed in for some reason. Percy grabs my hand and starts to drag me into the forest and up a hill, where a pine tree is. Over the hill, I presumed there would be a strawberry farm. It was there, along with swords, and bows, and arrows, and. . .green people? 

Why are there green people here?" I ask Percy. 

"Those are dryads. Tree nymphs." 

"Oh," is all I say, still not understanding. "What is this place?" Percy lets go off my hand and spreads his arms out, grinning at me. 

"This," he says, his eyes full of excitement, "is Camp Half-Blood, the safest place for demigods, half god and half mortal. And you, my dear long-lost sister, are one of us."

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Daughter of Poseidonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें