The Shocking Truth . . . Isn't Told Yet

The Shocking Truth...Isn't Told Yet

Percy, Annabeth and I follow Chiron to the Big House, he getting into his wheelchair before continuing. When I say that, I mean ALL of his bottom half. As he does so, fake human legs covered in a blanket pop out, making him look a bit more normal.

We sit in the meeting room (around the ping pong table) and Annabeth is the first one to talk. 

"What was that symbol, Chiron? I've never seen it before..." 

"If Annabeth's never seen that symbol before, then that's a really bad thing," Percy says, suddenly sounding scared. 

"You have seen it before, child, but I swore on the River Styx to never tell its meaning." 

"I have seen it?" Annabeth asked, puzzled. "If I've seen it before, I would've remembered." 

"That, I can believe," I put in. Chiron looks over at me, his face seeming to age even more. 

"It only seems fair that you know who your parents are," he says. 

"Wait," Percy says like he just found out he had ten seconds to live. "Parents? I thought that a demigod could only have one godly parent." 

"That is very true, Percy, but who ever said Fauna was a demigod? Her father is very obviously Poseidon," Chiron says while throwing a glass of water at me. I feel like brand new. "The other parent is a harder think to spot. Take a look at her eyes." Percy and Annabeth lean in anxiously, trying to get a better look at my eyes. 

"They're multicolored," Percy points out. "So, her mother might be Aphrodite? I've seen Amelia's eyes, and they're multicolored." 

"Percy," Annabeth says, her voice full of interest and fear at the same time. "Look closer. Doesn't that look like..." 

"New York," he breathes. "Look! It's changing!" 

"What? What is it now?" Percy, Annabeth and Chiron are all leaning in now. 

"It looks like...Rome in a way, but smaller. They're children there wearing purple togas, and some are carrying..." Annabeth's voice trailed off. 

"Weapons," Chiron finished. I blinked, my eyes stinging. 

"So? What does all of this mean?" 

"Well, I would say that it's Apollo, because he is the god of oracles and prophecies, but Poseidon is already your father. I don't know who would be your mother, to be honest." Percy looked dumbfounded. 

"You...the great Annabeth Chase...doesn't know? this is really bad. Really, really bad. So bad that-" 

"Shut up, Seaweed Brain," Annabeth grumbles, her eyes the stormy gray that I first saw. 

"Fauna must leave, now. Maybe to-" There was a loud crash sound outside the door. Percy ran there, being the stupid guy he was, not bringing a weapon. Just a cheap pen. He was reaching to take off the cap. What was he going to do? Draw on the thing to death?

Instead, a three-foot long bronze sword popped out. I'm pretty sure that I yelped in surprise. He yanked the door open and there stood a giant python. 

"A python? I thought it would be a monster," I say, confused. 

"Please don't say your as bad as Percy! And that's not any ordinary python, Fauna. It's one of Gaea's pets. Apollo slayed it once before and took over the temple in Delphi. The python was living in the temple," Annabeth stated.

The python struck at Percy, but he jumped out of the way enough so it only got his left shoulder. He rolled on the floor and slammed into the wall, groaning in pain. 

"Percy!" I shouted. I had the sudden urge to tap my ring, and I did so. Instead of nothing happening, a bronze scimitar pops into my hand. I give it a practice swing and it almost flies out of my hand because of the momentum.

I charge at the snake and swing at its head. It dodges it quickly and snaps at my arm, but all it gets is the handle of the scimitar. It drops to the floor and the snake sluggers away. 

"What was that all about? Why did it just go away?" I ask to no one in particular. 

"I don't know, but I think we better be on the look out for anymore monsters," Annabeth says, going over to Percy's aid.

There's a blinding light and a strong force that throws me back and through the wall on the other side. I groan and open my eyes, spots dancing in my vision. I look over to my right and see Annabeth and Percy, with Chiron on my right. I walk back through the life-sized me in the wall. The ping pong table is somehow fine and in the same place. I'm going to have to ask if I could get a ping pong table suit of armor.

Then I look down and see my once bronze scimitar, now a glowing gold ring. I pick it up and put it on, suddenly feeling 

overwhelmed with power.  

"Fauna, are you okay, you seem a little shaken up," Percy says, leaning on Annabeth for support. 

"Oh, I'm fine. I get blasted through a wall and see a python everyday." 

"Okay, I know your a little scared-" 

"A little? A little scared is an understatement. I am terrified!" I scream at him. I draw in a deep breath and continue. "Percy, I just camp to a camp for freaks, learned that I have two godly parents, and that I live in a world full of demigods and monsters. What's next? Magicians? A school full of wizards? Time travelers?" 

"Fauna,"Annabeth says, looking at me straight in the eyes,"You never know what's possible. This morning, did you ever think that the gods could exist?" 

"No...but I guess I can see your point." She smiles at me. 

"Glad you could. Now come on, let's go tell the others a story that we will make up on the way to the campfire.

Annabeth came up with most of the story. Just for the record, "most"at the moment means "all." So, we were saying that the symbol was nothing at all and that we were attacked by the python and that it exploded, sending up flying back, and so on.

At first, we got some unsettled looks, but they all gave in soon. I walk to my cabin and head inside. Percy was staying in the infirmary, and that may have been by pure luck, because if he was here, I would kill him.

The room was a mess, so guess who cleaned it up. Me, of course. I decided that I was going out to buy some stuff to help with Percy's clothes problem. Maybe a hamper, or a disintegrator. I put his clothes into one huge pile and straighten up everything. I jump into the bed next to Percy's and settle back.

I feel my eyelids drooping, and soon I fall into a restless slumber.