Chapter 5

I ran up to Goshiki-san and give a slap on the back.

"Look at you, I can definitely feel ace energy, do your best!" I say with a bright smile.

Goshiki-san blushes, but with a fire in his eyes he shouts, "Y-yes ma'am/sir!"

"Pfttt," laughs Tendou-san, "What's with the formality. Our Shimizu-kun isn't old enough to be called ma'am/sir."

"He might be slightly better than average at spiking, but he still has a lot to work on," states Shirabu-san plainly.

I glance at the statistics that I took, and I would have to agree with Shirabu-san. Goshiki-san still had quite a few serve and receive errors.

"It's not like you didn't make any mistakes either. Instead of taking a risk, you went with the right wing-spiker which was totally predictable, when going down the center was risky but probably would have paid off," critics Semi-san.

Shirabu-san tsked and looked away.

"Why you little!" said Semi-san as he rolled up his fake sleeves, but was quickly restrained by Tendou-san trying to keep him from fighting Shirabu-san.

"Semi Semi, let's settle down and all be friends. Don't want to go scaring off the new manager," Tendou-san jokes.

"Tch, hey! Who are you calling Semi Semi!" barks Semi-san

"I don't think you guys are scary at all," I say as I shake my head, "I actually really admire how close you guys are!"

"Friendly? With this brat? No way in hell," says Semi-san childishly and crosses his arms, looking away.

"Yeah, yeah, if you really dislike him so much then why talk with him all the time," says Yamagata-san.

The team kept chatting (or rather arguing) as they cleaned up the gym.

.

.

.

Everyone put the final things away and we start heading towards the dorms.

"Ah, I'm glad I'm not a first year, dragging your luggage up the 3rd floor seems like a lotta work," says Tendou-san as he stretched.

"Ugh don't even remind me," I say as a sense of dread washes over me.

"Want me to help?" Tendou-san asks.

"Nah it's ok. Plus, I've got Goshiki-san over here," I say as a point at him with my thumb.

"Hmm well the more the merrier, maybe we'll stop time to time, right Wakatashoi-kun?" says Tendou-san and looks at him.

"Hmm, as long as you let me check next week's "Jump" to see if there's a new edition of 'Keep's teeth pearly white'." Ushijima-san says with a straight face.

"Umm what now? Last I checked there weren't any manga called that..." I say very confused.

"Ushijima-san likes reading the ads in the magazine instead of the actual manga." Then after a few seconds realization hits and Tendou-san's eyes widen, "Wait you read "Jump" too?!"

"Yup, only recently though."

"Ooo, what's your favorite?"

"Oof that's a hard choice." After a few seconds of deliberation, I finally answer, "I'd have to say Hunter x Hunter though."

"No way, that's mine too!"

Then I suddenly remember why Tendou-san reminded me of someone, "Hisoka!"