Chapter 6

The soft chatter from the dinning hall grows closer. Stepping inside I breathe in deeply, drooling at the smell of the delicious food.

"Shimizu-kun~!" shouted someone in a sing-song voice. I look over towards the source of the sound and I see Tendou-san waving enthusiastically at me. I pretend to ignore him at first, but cave in when I see him droop. I elbow Goshiki-san and make him wave back with me at Tendou-san who was sitting with Ushijima-san, Semi-san, and Reon-san (who nod back).

"Who are they?" asks Harada-san quietly as if she were afraid they would hear her.

"They're some of the members of the volleyball team I'm managing," I say and Harada-san nods. "Alright, now let's go get some food, can't let Harada-san's stomach go unanswered!" Harada-san gets embarrassed, but laughs at my joke.

As we stand in line, I scan the room for an empty table or someone I knew, and spot Rumi-san eating with Honoka-san. After getting our food I lead Harada-san over to the girls (Goshiki-san left after getting his food to sit with some guys in his class).

"How are you fine ladies doing this fine evening," I greet as I plop down next to Honoka-san and motion for Harada-san to sit across me next too Rumi-san.

"Ooo smooth," notes Honoka-san.

"Too bad she can't use it on a certain someone," says Rumi-san disappointedly in a sarcastic way.

"Hey, drop it already and eat your food- oh wait," I say, just noticing they were pretty much done with their food already.

"You two were just slow, we've already finished! Anyways, who's this?" asks Rumi-san nodding towards Harada-san, "I'm Rumi Matsuo by the way, and this is Takahashi Honoka."

"Yo," Honoka-san says, lifting up a hand to say hi.

"It's nice to meet you, I'm Harada Yumika," she says quietly.

"She's my roommate," I chime in.

"It's nice to meet you too Harada-san!" Honoka-san says.

"You're lucky that your roommate is so friendly. I keep trying to start some conversations with my roommate, but she just ignores me," cries Rumi-san.

"Whoa, this is like some new form of torture for our talkative Rumi-san," I joke.

"You think you have it bad? My roommate won't stop talking, and she's usually not even talking to me!" complains Honoka-san. "She's always facetiming her boyfriend, and when she's not she keeps ranting to me about him, talking about how he's so sweet and all that," continues Honoka-san.

"Aww is someone jealous," teases Rumi-san.

"YES! In fact, I am! I keep getting friend zoned," Honoka-san exasperates.

"We're gonna be single forever," Rumi-san says.

"At least you confess, I could never build up that courage. I'm never gonna find someone," I say.

Suddenly, I feel someone rest their chin on my head, "I'm sure there are plenty of people interested in you," the voice hints.

"Yeah right," I say. "Now care to explain what you're doing over here eavesdropping on our conversation?" I demand as I look up to see Tendou-san.

"Whoa, let's not make accusation now, I was just passing by to return my tray and happened to hear you," he says.

"Yeah, yeah, now hurry along now," I say and make a motion for him to go back to his seat. I turn back towards the other girls who were just staring at me.

"Ummm who was that?" asked Rumi-san.

"Oh, that was Tendou Satori, he's a third year on the volleyball team," I introduce.