Chapter 8

As the team continues messing around, Washijo-sensei appears.

"Stop fooling around you bunch of dimwits!" he shouts.

Everyone immediatley stops and gathers round.

"In preparation of the Summer Interhigh Preliminaries, I've arranged practice matches with other teams that went to Nationals last year each week starting beginning of May. In the meantime I want you to get as used to the new lineup as possible. I've invited some alumni college teams to practice with us on Tuesday. Don't embarrass me now!"

After giving us instructions, he leaves and sits by the bench to monitor practice.

"Let's start with serves," leads Ushijima-san.

One at a time, they would each serve 25 times, and had to make at least 18 of them or else they would have to start over. Afterwards, Washijo-sensei would critique them. The others would go to the other side of the court and one at a time, try to pass each serve. While the other's waited, they worked on their receiving. Occasionally, Washijo-sensei would start yelling at a certain player trying to tell them what to do as Saito-sensei translates what he actually meant.

As the other player practice, I fill some water bottles and prepare some towels for the members. After practice, they all crowd around as they took sips of water.

*Sniff sniff*

"God it feels so nice to be pampered," Tendou-san says as he cools off, pretending to dry off fake tears.

"Before you joined the team we always had to get water and towels ourselves," fills in Reon-san.

"Ohh, I see," I say as I put the pieces together.

"Coach has also been acting nicer than usual, he probably doesn't want to scare you off cause we really need manager," says Shirabu-san.

"Huh," I say to myself.

After the team finishes resting we all help clean up the gym. We make a stop by the club room. As the members change inside, I stand outside waiting for the others. While I was waiting, I saw a text from Kiyoko.

Kiyoko: How was the first day of school?

I reply with:

Smoothly (surprisingly), the people here are...ummm, interesting is the best way to put it. I also joined the volleyball team as manage!

I press send and put my phone away as the members start filing out of the room. But Tendou-san just casually strolls out of the club room without a shirt.

"Umm ExCUsE mE?!" I say dumbfounded. I quickly hide behind Goshiki-san and grip the back of his uniform. I avert my eyes from Tendou-san's bare upper body (not saying I didn't take a few peaks though).

"Oh my god go put a shirt on I say," I yell extremley flustered.

"Make me," he dares.

"I-I swear to god you'll be the end of me," I groan.

From behind Goshiki-san, I shut my eye's and feel around for Tendou-san, unaware I accidentally place my hands on Tendou-san's ahem abs ahem. Not even considering this, I just pushed Tendou-san in a random direction and accidentally pushed him against a wall.

"HOLY SHI- If anyone saw this right now they would totally thinking I'm harassing Tendou-san oh god."

Now what was the rest of the team doing? Watching and laughing as I make a fool of myself, those assholes. I think by now Goshiki-san was fuming. He put his arm around me and pulled me off Tendou-san and towards him. With the other hand he shoved Tendou-san back into the room and closed the door.

"And don't come out until you've changed!" Goshiki-san shouts, clearly mad.

I was still in Goshiki-san's arms, so I lightly tapped his chest.

"Umm, you can let go of me now," I say, causing Goshiki-san to quickly withdraw his hands.

"I- Uh- You- S-Sorry, I just saw you and Tendou-san, and I got mad, and god I'm sorry," he quickly tries to explain.

"Ahhh, no you don't have to be sorry, thank you for that actually," I quickly explain overwhelmed by his sudden apology.

"I didn't mean any harm from that prank, but seeing how it turned out I'm glad I did it," Tendou-san teases as he leaves the club room, this time properly changed, "Your reaction was so cute!"

Still extremley flustered I just yell, "Sh-shut up!" And I quickly run off to class.But damn those volleyball boys as they were fast and quickly caught up, so I just sped up.

By this point it just looked like there was a group of boys chasing down a girl trying to get away, not a good look.

I slow down as we reach the school building, needing to catch my breath.

"Hey, why did you make me run along with you," complains Shirabu-san.

"We need our manager," said Ushijima-san.

"Exactly Wakatoshi-kun, can't be letting our precious manager escaping now can we," says Tendou-san.

"J-just go to class," I say and quickly rush off again.

The rest of the day goes smoothly. Classes went fine, sometimes during break I would email nechan and talk with my friends. I'd sit with the girls for lunch, occasionally joined by various volleyball team members who'd stop by to chat a bit. Classes continued, then clubs happened, afterwards I had dinner with the girls (and sometimes with the volleyball team if practice went a bit late.) After that I would work on homework, and read some magna or sketch a bit before bed. After a few days, Rumi-san, Harada-san, and Honoka-san started morning practice to and we would all have breakfast with each other.

Soon, the weekend was approaching, the first week of school would come to an end soon. Rumi-san, Harada-san, and Honoka-san were all planning to visit their parents over the weekend to signify the end of the first week. Mine were still overseas and Kiyoko was attending a practice match Karasuno had with Nekoma.

On Friday after practice, I ask what everyone was doing over the weekend.

"I'm going to visit my parents," said Goshiki-san, and a lot of the other members nodded in agreement.

"Aww, is the future ace also a moma's boy," Shirabu-san said sarcastically.

"At least Goshiki-san has plans other than studying," replies Semi-san.

"Hey, I'm visiting mine too," says Shirabu-san, causing Semi-san to raise an eyebrown in surprise.

"What about you Ushijima-san? Tendou-san?" I ask them. 

.

.

.

Aaaaaaaand that's a wrap. From this point I kinda went crazy and now there's three different story lines. Imma try to finish making covers for the three fanfics by next week but I doubt that's happening so we'll see when I get everything done (hopefully soon!).

Anyways thanks for reading this far and see ya!