Chapter 7

When I'm about halfway through the manga I see the door to the bathroom crack open and Harada-san pokes her head out of the opening in her night clothes. She's dries her hair with a towel and exits the bathroom.

"Alright, time to get ready for tomorrow," Harada-san says and begins laying out her uniform and stuff for tomorrow. I follow suit, making sure I have the textbooks I need for the first day of classes. It was quiet as we tidy up. I rack my mind for anything to talk about except the texts I saw.

"I see you've met my boyfriend," says Harada-san.

"Well, kinda- wait what," I say in shock as I turn my head towards her with eyes wide open.

"Haha, don't worry about it, I'm not mad," she says, trying to relax the mood as she gets stands up from her kneeling position. "I kinda figured that out after I saw all the text messages on my phone, no way you wouldn't have noticed that," she concludes.

"I-I can neither confirm nor deny that statement," I say.

"It's fine, it's not something I really try to hide, but I also don't go around announcing that," she says as she stands up, brushing her pants. "Remember the childhood fried I told you and the others about during dinner?"

I nod.

"Well, I never really finished that story. After he proposed I took the ring-pop...and walked away," she says and laughs.

I laugh along with her, "Of course you would."

"Well, we stayed friends, up until junior high, when I finally accepted his proposal. But halfway through the second year, his parents got a good job offer and they moved from here," says Harada-san a bit sadly and looks down, "But we've kept in touch through email and try to maintain a long distance relationship, but it's been really hard since we barely see each other."

Not really sure what to say I stand up and walk up to Harada-san, placing a hand on her shoulder which causes her to glance up.

"Hey, I may not be exactly experience in this field of dating, but if it's meant to be I'm sure things will work out fine. And if it ends up not, hey now, I said if. If it doesn't work out, it's just a sign to move on with life, a small speedbump on the highway. Plus you have me to beat his ass if he hurts you," I say as I flex my muscle, causing Harada-san to chuckle a bit. "Anyways, I'm sure you have nothing to worry about, I may have seen a few messages, only a few, but I could tell your relationship is in a good place right now."

"So you admit to reading our emails?" asks Harada-san raising an eyebrow questioningly.

"I don't know what you mean, you sure you heard that," I laugh nervously.

"But thanks, seriously, I'm glad we're roommates," says Harada-san.

"Aww, me too, now why don't you say we sleep now, it's been an eventful day," I suggest.

"It sure has," agrees Harada-san. And we turn off the lights, ending our first day at Shiratorizawa feeling a bit better than when we first entered.

.

.

.

*Bzzt bzzt bzzt*

I slowly crack my eye's open and reach over for my phone, "omg what time is it, 6:30 damn...why did I wake up again?" Then I suddenly shoot out of bed, "Oh right, morning practice starts at 6:45! Shoot I'm late!" I get everything ready for school as quickly and quietly as I could since Harada-san's morning practices don't start till next week. I rush out of the dorm and head to the cafeteria for a light breakfast.