𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕡𝕝𝕒𝕪𝕚𝕟𝕘 ;

[ 𝙋𝙀𝘼𝘾𝙀 𝘼𝙉𝘿 𝙇𝙊𝙑𝙀 𝙊𝙉 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙋𝙇𝘼𝙉𝙀𝙏 𝙀𝘼𝙍𝙏𝙃 ]
𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟 𝕦𝕟𝕚𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕤𝕖 | 𝕙𝔻

" 𝒘𝒆'𝒗𝒆 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒈𝒐𝒕 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒇𝒆𝒂𝒓,

𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒘𝒆'𝒗𝒆 a𝒍𝒍 𝒈𝒐𝒕 𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒈𝒐 "

- . - . -

—YOU PICKED AT YOUR HANDS UNCONSCIOUSLY,

red danced across the skin as it became irritated from thin scratches of your recently trimmed nails, a perk-you would guess came from being a patient from a hospital. The red crossed across [darker/lighter] patches of skin, scars from the place you had been before.

It was unusual to wake up to a pristine white ceiling and a clean bed, but you had gotten used to it-it being used to be described in more ways than one.

You could only digest two half meals a day, meals of not your choice. They portioned your food size to not overload your stomach, as you had not had a real meal for years. The meals were good though, you had to admit. You were glad to be in Japan instead of other places-Japan hospital food was the best.

Your eyes drooped from the drugs that flooded your system, a consequence from your actions three days before. That was not only reason why, there was also the fact that a visiter sat at your bedside, notebook in their grasp.

It was snowing, something Japan was known for in the early days of October. The hospital was warm, the white comforter laid heavy on your legs.

"-id you hear me, [L/N]-san?"

You hummed, looking at the male to repeat himself.

He sighed, picking up yet another fresh, warm cookie from your bedside table-something they had requested together on the hospital menu. "You had been walking home from school with two other kids, could you tell me who they were?"

He bit into the soft cookie soundlessly, contently chewing it as he awaited your answer. His heel clicked against the ground as he tapped it to the tune of an outside tv, singing the famous American carol, "I wish you a Merry Christmas, I wish you a-!"

"Bakugo Katsuki and," you grabbed a cookie, only dreamily staring at it instead of taking a bite. "Midoriya Izuku, but you knew that, right?"

A unconscious twitch of the eyebrow was the response to your question as he scribbled something onto his notepad that contained specific questions-you assumed, you had only gotten a glance. You slowly took a bite of cookie, rich [desired topping] melting on your tongue.

Truth.

It was a guess, but that was the only thing your mind could really focus on while your brain was mush. Everyone these days had a quirk, usually fitting usefully into their lifetime job. The detective didn't reveal to have any visual mutant quirk, and imiter was unusual for someone in the police department without calloused hands.

So the only guess was, something that can't be seen to the physical eye. Every quirk had a drawback- the bigger the quirk the worst it would be, and some people adapt to their quirks to weaken the drawback. Some, don't even know their quirk-usually a smaller type, has a drawback.

This male in front of you, has a physical drawback, something less likely to be found with imiter type quirks. Just the smallest twitch of the eyebrow- right after a question is answered, just shows that the quirk is in use. It only happens when the truth has been said, as you had known from lying about what your mother's maiden name was.

The man dusted his fingers off his leather trench coat, small cookie crumbs falling helplessly to the floor. He glanced up at you, then glanced down at his notepad again, before pocketing it and standing up.

"Please do expect another visit from me, [Y/N]-san. It was a pleasure to finally meet you."

Your gaze never left his figure as he opened the hospital door, revealing two police-guards standing tall. He spared a glance, your eyes meeting with content understanding.

"You too, detective..." you pondered his name for a moment, as it laid on the tip of your tounge.

He hummed, a cold breeze racking through the hospital. A shout rang as a nurse ran after her flying papers, her friend laughed, wheeling a also laughing patient away.

"Naomasa, Detective Naomasa if you wish-"

"Ah! Please excuse me."

He almost walked into a curvy blond female, who traded his position, walking into your hospital room while the door was still open- slicking herself around a guard. She wore the nurse light blue uniform and white slacks, she balanced a plate skillfully on her hand as she set it onto your bedside, revealing the contents on it.

You raised an eyebrow, questioning why a cupcake was laid before you. She giggled, pointy canines revealed.

"The cafeteria baked them, so we're just bringing them to the patients." She pointed her index finger towards you, her smile turning unnervingly stretched. The door just inches before getting shut, halted in movement, but just for a moment before it closed silently.

"Please enjoy our hard work, okay?"

She didn't leave time to answer before she skipped away and out the door, giving you an enthusiastic wave as a goodbye, shutting it back behind her.

You only sighed, looking at the empty platter of where the cookies once were and reached for the cupcake. You slowly pealed back the film, watching your fingers avoid the icing. The cake was fluffed, looking moist and soft as if it were a pounded mochi. The swirled icing on the other hand, was a deep dark wood color, creamy as marshmallows and [favorite color] star shaped sprinkles on top.

The overwhelming smell of chocolate filled your senses, leaving you to wince. It was noticeable for the flavor of the cupcake to be it, undoubtedly mixed in deeply in the frosting. (Maybe they were getting rid of the rest of the chocolate?)

"Well," you muttered, looking at the world-class dessert before you. "what harm could it be?"

1001 words