Chapter 23

"Ah man! Please tell me I didn't just fall in mud!" Steve said as he got up from the gigantic mud puddle he had just fallen into when he had started running after a bird. As he walked on he heard the sound of rushing water and could smell Ethel's scent and walked closer to find himself staring into a beautiful lake with a waterfall, and swimming in the middle was Ethel. As she turned and saw how he looked she burst into laughter. "So I see you too decided to take a fall into the mud." "Wait you fell in there too?" he asked getting in the water with her and quickly dunking his head underwater to clean his face. "Yeah I was trying to catch a bird and didn't see the mud." She said as he came over to her and kissed her, but stopped suddenly and said "Wait did you just say you were chasing a bird?" "Yeah. Why?" "Because that's what I was chasing..." Then before he could say more they heard laughing then saw it... The bird they had chased, but as soon as it realized that they had seen it, it started flying away into the waterfall. "Come Ethel we must find out what it wants and where it's going!" He yelled as they started for the waterfall. But what they saw when they entered the secret passage behind the waterfall was absolutely mind blowing. But before they could do or say anything they were knocked out from behind.