Chapter 39

The next morning Iris woke up in her bed, as she tried to get up she felt a pain in her back and felt someone push her gently back, keeping her from getting up again. She opened her eyes to find that it was Blaze. "Hey, I think it would be best if you rest. You aren't healed properly yet." He said when he saw that she was awake. "What happened?" She asked as she turned onto her side to look at him better. "Kallen through his knife into your back when you turned away from him. It was laced with vervain and rosemary, which I now know is harmful to your kind. It was a deep cut so it will take a while to heal. But being what you are you should be healed by tomorrow." He said before his face lit up and he continued. "An hey, my pack really wants to meet you. They were very impressed with the way you fought." This made her blush a bit. 'They do? When will I get to meet them?" She said as she started to get excited about meeting his pack. "Well as soon as you are healed we can go to them. Would you like to go then?" He asked waiting for her to answer. "Yeah sure. I can't wait to officially meet them all!" She said with a big smile as he laughed with a smile before he started to get up. "Wait. Don't go." She said as she realised that he was going to leave. "Please stay." She said with pleading eyes as he looked back at her. "Okay, I'll stay a bit longer, my pack at least knows that I'm here with you." He said with a smile as he went to lay beside her on the bed. "Please don't go while I sleep. I don't want you to leave." She said and he pulled her closer to him. "Don't worry I won't." He whispered as she already started to drift off again.

Iris found herself alone in the woods. She started to walk, wondering how she had gotten there when all of a sudden a man appeared in front of her. It was Kallen. "You're dead. How are you here?" She asked as she cautiously took a step closer to him. He laughed, but it was an evil laugh, filled with malice and anger. "Dead! Dead!? Ha! If any of you think you can kill me then you are wrong, oh so very wrong." He said as he began to laugh again before continuing. "So you're his daughter huh? Disgusting! All your kind are abominations! Creatures who were never meant to exist. You and your kind are the worst, being part vampire part werewolf and all, it just disgusts me that your kind were not wiped out centuries ago. But I didn't come here just to talk about how much I hate you creatures. Oh no. I came here to let you know that I am still alive, that fight was just a test, a little taste of what is to come. The real fight is coming soon. Very, very soon, but be warned it will be much worse than the last. Compared to the last fight this one will be like an asteroid hitting earth compared with a small feeble pebble thrown in the water. You can warn the others, but that won't be enough, you won't be able to stop me. You can't stop what you can't see or touch." She was about to say something when all of a sudden he was gone and she heard someone calling her. "Iris, Iris! Wake up! Iris!?" It was Blaze. It was all a dream, or was it? As she woke up she saw that Blaze was still laying next to her, but he looked worried. "What's wrong?" She asked as she felt something wet on her side of the bed, and that's when she noticed all the blood, she was still bleeding... Then everything went black again and all she heard was Blaze frantically calling for help as she blacked out.

"Someone! Please help! Iris is bleeding! Help!" Blaze screamed as she slumped in his arms, she looled dead, but he could still feel her heart beating. Seconds later Ethel and Steve were in the room and started to remove the bandages on Iris so that they could see her wound a bit better. What they saw had them all shocked. Her wound was as black as night and she was bleeding quite bad.

Ethel had this happen to her before, when she was just a young girl, about 12 at the time, she had been shot by archers, they had been about the same age as her, but they were young hunters already and she knew what they would do to her so she had run only to find that days later even after having removed the arrow from her arm that she was still not healing and that the wound was getting blacker. A young man had found her unconscious. When she woke up she had thought that he was a human, but it had turned out that he was a super hybrid just like her. He had told her of many things, shared with her his memories to help her and it was then that she had learned about an evil magic that could be cast on any weapon to make even a small wound deadly. There was only one way for her to heal from this.

"What is it?" Steve asked as he saw the look on Ethel's face. "The weapon was cursed by an evil witch and there is only one way to save her and we will have to do it or she will die." She said it in a grim tone as she looked at them all. "What is it?" Blaze carefully said as he could sense that it was something bad by the way Ethel spoke. "She needs to drain and drink every last drop of blood from a human..."