Chapter 43

"Chase... What are you doing here? You know you're not welcome here." Blaze asked through clenched teeth keeping Iris behind him and away from his brother. "Heard about your little mate and thought I'd say hello and see who she is. Something wrong with that?" Chase said mockingly, daring Blaze to attack. Iris put her hand on his shoulder, calming him down. "Come on Blaze. Let's go for a walk." Iris said as she started to pull him away from Chase. Blaze gave Chase a death stare before turning and walking into the woods with Iris, while Chase smirked, clearly happy having caused some trouble, but quickly faded into the shadows so that the others won't see him.

"You never told me that you had a brother..." Iris softly said not wanting to upset him. "Yeah, we've never gotten along very well. Since we were little there's been trouble between us. Some even called us the yin yang twins, the good twin being me, and the bad twin being Chase." Blaze said with anger and sadness mixed in his gaze as he looked at the ground. "Something happened, he did something really bad didn't he?" Iris said sensing the tension he felt. "He killed three pack members. They were some of my best friends. My mother couldn't have him executed so they banished him from the pack." He said, remembering the day well as it started to play through his mind he told her what happened.

---------------------

"Hey come on! That's not fair and you know it Blaze." Kaylee said after she had fallen because Blaze had just side swiped her legs out from underneath her during training. "You said you wanted me to stop holding back." Blaze laughed before he was knocked from behind and fell flat on his face. "Hey what was that for?" Blaze said looking up to see who had just kicked him only to see the grinning duo, Eli and Ron. "I thought you said we should always be ready for anything?" Eli said as Ron walked over to help Kaylee up. "Thanks." She said with a slight blush. The whole pack knew about the two of them being mates, but they still acted like they were oblivious. "Okay, fair enough, but I think we should probably do some real training next time." Blaze said after Eli helped him up. "Hey you were the one busy messing around!" Kaylee said now walking up to him with a serious look on her face before she smiled softly and spoke "Are we gonna go out hunting now or what?". "Yeah, We can meet here again, let's first get out of these training clothes."

Kaylee, Ron and Eli were always ready before Blaze, but usually they would be laughing and talking while they waited for him. This time was different, the smell was what hit him first - blood, and a lot of it. He ran around the corner and what he saw was horrific. His three friends had been torn limb from limb, throats ripped out and eyes open. The worst thing of all, standing with blood all over him and his face was Chase, his twin brother. "Chase!" It was all Blaze said before he attacked his brother. "Stop! Stop! Stop!" Their mother screamed frantically while their father ripped them apart. "Kill him! Let me kill him! He killed them! He killed them..." Blaze screamed his voice growing softer after every word he spoke until he slumped down and screamed into the sky.

--------------------

"I was ready to kill him, even if he was my twin. I wanted him dead, no I still want him dead. He never gave a reason why he killed them. Never." Blaze said after telling Iris the story and started to cry, something he had held in for years. She could do nothing but hug her crying mate as she too began to cry, feeling his pain like it was her own. She could feel the anger, the pain and guilt. She knew he somehow felt that it was his fault and wanted to tell him that there was nothing that he could have done to stop it, but she couldn't speak. Neither of them could, so they sat in each other's embrace until they calmed down.

In the shadows Chase had followed them and had seen and heard everything. Their bond was strong, he could sense it. As they cried together they had begun a small wind storm around them and had changed the weather, but they didn't seem to notice, but he did and he knew his brother was more than just a Hybrid. He was exactly like Iris, a Super Hybrid. But he's part of the species that can control the elements. This could be to his advantage, he could use his unskilled brother in his plan to kill the pack. Blaze just became a big piece in the plan. He just didn't know it yet.