Chapter 17

A few days later they had reached the SC Boardinghouse after making frequent stops at caves and tree shelters on the way. When they arrived Anne took Ethel in and examined her carefully in one of her study rooms while Steve waited outside making sure no one had discovered them. Anne had already told them that Pierce had been there a few days earlier and had taken none of the other and was apparently only after Ethel. After what seemed like forever to Steve, Anne came outside. "Steve I have both good and bad news for you, what would you like to hear first?" then Steve said "Tell me the good news first." "Well the good news is for the first time since both you and Ethel were born there will be new super hybrids of your kind." She said very excitedly. "What? Do you mean she's pregnant?" he replied almost shocked and almost unable to contain his excitement. "Yes indeed and I sense it might be twins. But unfortunately the good news ends there, the bad news is that because of her pregnant state she will be reflecting her personality of when she was a child for a week of the pregnancy and she should give birth in about 9 weeks, so you will have to watch her carefully and we should probably keep her safe in here and she needs to feed regularly to keep her strength up." "Why is she acting like a child then?" he asked a bit worried "Well her body is adjusting to accommodate the infants inside her and it seems to affect her brain by accessing old memories and moods etc. but it's nothing to worry about as she still remembers her mate, which is you." "Thanks for helping, should we just move into one of our old rooms?" "Yes I think that would be fine and don't worry we will get some things ready for the babies and from what I can tell it's a boy and a girl growing inside her so you will have both a son and a daughter to raise with her." "Oh, thank you for telling me and for helping us so much." "Oh it's a pleasure you're always welcome."